Digital TV News: Fetch TV
SVOD in Australia skyrockets to two million subscriptions
Jul 8, 2015 – Uptake of subscription video on demand (SVOD) services delivered over the Internet has skyrocketed in Australia with two million active subscriptions recorded at the end of June 2015, according to research by Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Netflix coming to Fetch TV in Australia
Feb 16, 2015 – Fetch TV will be the first Australian pay-TV provider to integrate the Netflix subscription streaming service, the two companies have announced. The partnership also includes the New Zealand market.
News categories: Fetch TV, Netflix, Scott Lorson, Bill Holmes, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box
Dodo TV with Fetch launches in Australia
Oct 1, 2014 – Dodo, part of Australia's M2 Group (ASX:MTU), has announced that it has signed an alliance agreement with Fetch TV and will immediately commence offering its IPTV service.
News categories: Dodo, Fetch TV, Boris Rozenvasser, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV
Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
Dec 9, 2013 – Fetch TV has announced that it has reached the 100,000 subscriber milestone and has added 'watch anywhere' capabilities to the Fetch TV mobile app. Subscriber growth has been strong throughout the year with Fetch TV now the number two Pay TV provider in Australia.
News categories: Fetch TV, Scott Lorson, David Buckingham, Martin Mercer, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
Australia's iiNet announces second generation Fetch TV STB
Feb 25, 2013 – iiNet has unveiled a new Set-Top Box for its renamed iiNet TV with Fetch service. New customers of iiNet TV with Fetch will be the first in Australia to receive the Set-Top Box, featuring a slimline new look, a faster processor and increased memory.
News categories: iiNet, Fetch TV, Australia, IPTV, Set Top Box
Sky TV Goes Online and Mobile for all 10 million customers
Jun 10, 2011 – From next month, all Sky TV customers will have the opportunity to watch BSkyB (LSE:BSY) channels and programmes on PCs, laptops, mobiles and tablets at no extra charge.
News categories: BSkyB, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Tablet, UK
BSkyB adds another 428,000 HD customers in 1Q10
Apr 29, 2010 – BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced results for the nine months ended 31 March 2010. In the quarter, Sky saw net additions of 62,000 taking its total customer base to 9.770 million. Gross customer additions were 304,000 for the period.
News categories: BSkyB, DVR, Ireland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
Sky Player Continues Online Expansion with Humax Deal
Apr 14, 2010 – The BSkyB (LSE:BSY) online TV service is soon to launch across Humax's new range of IP-enabled digital boxes for Freeview HD. This includes the already launched Humax HD-FOX T2, and an HD digital TV recorder planned for the coming months.
News categories: BSkyB, Humax, Digital TV, DVR, Media Player, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Sky Player to launch on internet connected TVs and more hybrid Freeview STBs
Mar 25, 2010 – Sky Player, BSkyB's online TV service, is to launch on a range of new internet connected TVs and set-top boxes following agreements with Cello, a manufacturer of LCD TVs, and 3View, a provider of hybrid DTT and IPTV set-top boxes.
News categories: BSkyB, 3View, Cello, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic