Digital TV News: Filmstruck
AT&T completes acquisition of Time Warner Inc.
Jun 15, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has completed its acquisition of Time Warner, bringing together global media and entertainment leaders Warner Bros., HBO and Turner with AT&T’s leadership in technology and its video, mobile and broadband customer relationships.
News categories: AT&T, Time Warner, Randall Stephenson, John Donovan, John Stankey, Jeff Bewkes, Lori Lee, Brian Lesser, Digital TV, MnA, USA, Worldwide
Accenture provides video platform for Turner’s OTT products
May 22, 2018 – Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has announced that Turner is using the Accenture Video Solution platform to help manage and operate some of the company’s OTT products. This includes FilmStruck in the UK, and Cartoon Network TV Everywhere (TVE) in Asia Pacific.
News categories: Accenture, Turner, Sef Tuma, Aksel van der Wal, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Turner to launch Bleacher Report Live streaming service
Mar 27, 2018 – Turner has announced that it will launch a premium live sports streaming service – 'Bleacher Report Live' – in April. B/R Live will serve as the central hub for both the discovery and consumption of live sports content.
News categories: Turner, Bleacher Report, David Levy, Lenny Daniels, Dave Finocchio, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Turner announces international SVOD service with roll-out of FilmStruck
Jan 19, 2018 – Turner International and Warner Bros have announced a joint venture to launch a multi-territory movie streaming service. FilmStruck’s launch in the international marketplace will leverage the strength of assets at both companies.
News categories: Turner, Warner Bros, Curzon, Aksel van der Wal, Craig Hunegs, Philip Mordecai, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Turner to launch U.S. sports streaming platform with UEFA matches
Aug 17, 2017 – Turner and UEFA have announced an agreement for the exclusive presentation of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League. Based on the rights, Turner will launch a standalone premium sports streaming video service.
News categories: Turner, UEFA, David Levy, Lenny Daniels, Digital TV, OTT, USA
You.i Engine adds support for Roku Scene Graph 7.6
Jun 5, 2017 – You.i TV has extended the cross-platform reach of its video experience platform by adding support for Roku Scene Graph 7.6. Apps built on You.i Engine for Roku support the standard monetization and discovery features of the platform.
News categories: You.i TV, Filmstruck, Roku, Jason Flick, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, UX, Worldwide
Turner announces FilmStruck SVOD service
Oct 6, 2016 – Turner has announced that the launch of FilmStruck, the company’s first U.S. SVOD service. FilmStruck will feature the largest streaming library of contemporary and classic arthouse, indie, foreign and cult films as well as bonus content.
News categories: Turner, FilmStruck, The Criterion Collection, Coleman Breland, Jennifer Dorian, Peter Becker, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan