Digital TV News: First Media
BT to protect broadcasters using BISS-CA encryption from ATEME
Jan 9, 2020 – BT is stepping up its efforts to combat the illegal piracy of premium content through a partnership with ATEME. The company is using the ATEME’s encryption techniques to protect satellite uplinked content to help reduce the number of illegal streams.
News categories: ATEME, BT, Julien Mandel, Dominik Wrona, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Worldwide
FreeWheel and A+E Networks pilot unified ad decisioning engine
Apr 17, 2019 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has announced a partnership with A+E Networks to pilot a unified ad decisioning engine that will allow buyers and sellers to transact, across both direct sold and programmatic, marketplace-generated advertising demand.
News categories: FreeWheel, A+E Networks, Dave Clark, Jason DeMarco, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
SpotX and clypd to integrate for linear TV and OTT
Apr 11, 2019 – SpotX and clypd have announced a plan to integrate their platforms. The collaboration allows for the unification of audience segment definitions across disparate channels, forecasting audience viewership, transactions, and reporting across linear TV and OTT.
News categories: SpotX, clypd, MRI-Simmons, Matt McLeggon, Jason Burke, Joshua Pisano, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
MediaKind launches MediaFirst Client for legacy Mediaroom STBs
Sep 6, 2018 – MediaKind has announced that it is launching MediaFirst Client for Mediaroom, a solution that enables existing Mediaroom operators to upgrade to the MediaFirst TV Platform. Mediaroom has more than 40 million STBs deployed worldwide.
News categories: MediaKind, Gowton Achaibar, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Nine launches Real Addressability to the Australian market
Aug 6, 2018 – Nine has become the first Australian broadcaster to launch real addressable advertising to the Australian market through 9Now, its broadcast video on demand (BVOD) product. The new offering gives marketers cross-device targeting on video.
News categories: Nine, Michael Stephenson, Pippa Leary, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, OTT
NTT DATA roll out immersive content with Jaunt's XR Platform
Feb 14, 2018 – Jaunt has announced a partnership with NTT DATA to make the Jaunt XR Platform available to their portfolio of clients. Jaunt’s XR Platform is a white label software solution for the cross-platform distribution of immersive (VR, AR and MR) content.
News categories: Jaunt, NTT DATA, Dominic Collins, Simon Williams, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC20, VR, Worldwide
Sky VR Studio selects Jaunt for immersive content distribution
Jan 8, 2018 – Jaunt has announced a partnership for the Jaunt XR Platform with Sky. Jaunt’s XR Platform is a white label immersive content distribution solution. Sky VR Studio will use the technology to deliver content via its Sky VR app.
News categories: Jaunt, Sky, Dominic Collins, Gary Davey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK, VR
Target programs ads on NBCUniversal through 4C
Sep 26, 2017 – NBCUniversal has announced that the company will make national television inventory available for self-serve programmatic buying for launch partner Target. This effort is powered by data science and media technology company 4C.
News categories: 4C Insights, NBCUniversal, Target, Lance Neuhauser, Mike Rosen, Kristi Argyilan, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
DISH now on Amazon Fire TV
May 22, 2017 – DISH has extended its DISH Anywhere app experience to customers’ big screen TVs through Amazon Fire TV products. This marks the first time customers can use a media player to access DISH Anywhere on any TV with an HDMI input, either at home or on the go.
News categories: DISH, Niraj Desai, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform
- Sinclair Broadcast adopts Qligent Vision Compliance Monitoring and Analysis
- Comscore reports surge in U.S. in-home data usage
- Limelight adds serverless computing to its edge services platform
- Disney+ rolls out in Europe
- TV panel shipments decreased 3.5% M-o-M in February
- Connected TV landscape is shifting away from paid subscriptions