Digital TV News: Fisher Communications
Mobile500 Alliance Launches Mobile Digital TV in Seattle and Minneapolis
Jan 3, 2013 – The Mobile500 Alliance with Fisher Communications (NASDAQ: FSCI) and Hubbard Broadcasting has announced the soft consumer launch of its mobile digital television service, called MyDTV, in the Seattle and Minneapolis markets.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, Fisher Communications, Hubbard Broadcasting, Apps, CES2021, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet
Mobile500 Alliance Demonstrates First Complete Mobile Digital TV Consumer Product
Apr 16, 2012 – At the 2012 NAB Show, the Mobile500 Alliance detailed its business model and enhanced features for Mobile DTV, including new interactive advertising and an improved user experience that features social media integration with Twitter.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, Advertising, Conditional Access, Mobile, NABShow, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet, USA
Mobile500 Alliance to Demonstrate Second Generation Mobile DTV Application at NAB Show
Apr 10, 2012 – The Mobile500 Alliance has announced that it will demonstrate its second generation Mobile Digital Television application at the 2012 NAB Show. Enhancements include social media integration, closed captioning, interstitials and interactive banners.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, Advertising, Apps, Middleware, Mobile, NABShow, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Mobile500 Alliance Demonstrates End-to-End Solution for Monetizing Mobile DTV at CES®
Jan 9, 2012 – The Mobile500 Alliance has unveiled an end-to-end solution that will enable its member broadcasters to build new revenue streams through Mobile DTV. The solution is to be made available to member companies after beta launch and evaluation in Seattle.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, CES2021, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, USA
U.S. Mobile Digital TV Expands to 120 Stations
Jan 6, 2012 – The Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced that a wide array of device manufacturers, service operators and technology companies will feature at the Mobile DTV TechZone during next week's consumer electronics show in Las Vegas.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, CES2021, Mobile, USA
Mobile Digital Television on Track to Reach Two-Thirds of U.S. Households by Early Next Year
Aug 4, 2011 – Mobile Digital Television is on track to reach two-thirds of U.S. households by early 2012. In addition, the Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) announced that its Mobile DTV Trust Authority, managed by Neustar, is now operational.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Mobile, USA
Mobile500 Alliance Forms to Accelerate the Availability of Mobile Digital Television Across the U.S.
Sep 8, 2010 – A coalition of leading television broadcasters has announced the formation of the Mobile500 Alliance to accelerate the availability of mobile digital television, or Mobile DTV, service to consumers nationwide.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, Mobile, USA
Washington, D.C. to be Mobile Television Consumer Showcase
Apr 20, 2009 – At the 2009 NAB Show, the Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced that Washington, D.C. has been selected as a product showcase market for Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, USA
Sezmi Completes Personal Television System Trial
Nov 13, 2008 – Sezmi has announced the conclusion of technical trials for its new television service, marking a significant milestone in the company's breakthrough efforts to dramatically improve the way consumers experience television and internet video.
News categories: Sezmi, Harris, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica