Digital TV News: Flipkart
MediaTek MT9602 Smart TV SoC launches with Flipkart in India
Oct 8, 2020 – MediaTek has unveiled a Smart TV SoC MT9602 for 4K HDR displays. The SoC delivers real-time video optimization, with improved picture and audio quality using AI, HDMI 2.1a and global HDR support, and AV1 & AVS2 decoding.
News categories: Mediatek, Flipkart, Mike Chang, Dev Iyer, Digital TV, ICs, India, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
India TV shipments climb to a record 15 Million units in 2019
Mar 17, 2020 – Shipments of TVs in India grew 15% annually to reach a highest-ever 15 million units in 2019, according to Counterpoint. The growth is mainly driven by budget smart TVs with 32" TVs the leading segment and penetrating sub-US$150 price bands.
News categories: Counterpoint, Karn Chauhan, Debasish Jana, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Smart TV
Flipkart to introduce its first Nokia Smart TV in India
Nov 6, 2019 – Flipkart has been granted the use of the Nokia brand for Smart TVs in India. Flipkart will leverage its understanding of the needs of Indian consumers to develop and facilitate the manufacturing and distribution of the Nokia branded Smart TVs, while managing the end-to-end go-to-market strategy.
News categories: Flipkart, Nokia, HARMAN, Adarsh Menon, Vipul Mehrotra, Pradeep Chaudhry, Digital TV, India, Smart TV
SonyLIV to be available on CloudWalker Smart TVs in India
Oct 4, 2019 – SonyLIV has tied up with CloudWalker to offer its content library on the latter's Smart TV devices. Starting October 2019, content from the repertoire of SonyLIV will be available on a range of CloudWalker Smart TVs redefining big screen entertainment for Indian families.
News categories: SonyLIV, CloudWalker, Uday Sodhi, Jagdish Rajpurohit, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT, Smart TV
Airtel launches converged entertainment platform
Sep 2, 2019 – Bharti Airtel has announced the launch of its converged digital entertainment play: Airtel Xstream. Over the coming months, Airtel plans to roll out a range of solutions to cater to the entertainment needs of every customer segment of India.
News categories: Airtel, Adarsh Nair, Digital TV, India, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
Global TV ad investment to grow 2.2% in 2018
Dec 4, 2017 – GroupM has updated its ad investment forecasts for 2017 and 2018. Globally, television investment will grow 0.4% in 2017 and 2.2% in 2018, but TV will lose one share point this year and another next. China’s regulated TV is the headwind.
News categories: GroupM, Adam Smith, Kelly Clark, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5