Digital TV News: Forthnet
Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
Sep 21, 2020 – Irdeto has announced a conditional access renewal agreement with Forthnet which includes Irdeto’s Advance Protection Services (APS). APS provides global monitoring for piracy, enhanced security planning and access to secure chipsets.
News categories: Irdeto, Forthnet, Shane McCarthy, Constantinos Kalavas, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
May 29, 2020 – United Group has agreed to acquire the debt and a significant minority interest in Forthnet. The transaction will see United Group acquire all of the company’s loan obligations, the convertible debt and an initial 36% of the company’s shares.
News categories: United Group, Forthnet, BC Partners, Victoriya Boklag, Panos Papadopoulos, Nikos Stathopoulos, Digital TV, Greece, MnA, Satellite
Forthnet owners negotiating its sale to United Group
Apr 28, 2020 – Nomura has notified Forthnet of the commencement of exclusive negotiations with United Group on a proposal that United has submitted to the banks NBG, Alpha, Piraeus and Attica Bank aimed at the execution of documents for a transaction.
News categories: Forthnet, United Group, Digital TV, Greece, MnA, Satellite
Forthnet deploys Zenterio OS across legacy and next-generation STBs
Sep 12, 2017 – Zenterio has announced that Forthnet has deployed Zenterio OS on STBs for its satellite pay-TV offering. Thanks to the flexible, modular design of Zenterio OS, Forthnet successfully added new services to its legacy boxes, while retaining the look and feel of the existing UI.
News categories: Zenterio, Forthnet, Jörgen Nilsson, Constantinos Moraitis, Digital TV, Greece, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Greece's Nova chooses Harmonic headend for DTH
Mar 3, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Forthnet, the company that owns Nova, the largest pay-TV satellite platform in Greece, has chosen a high-end compression headend with video analytics from Harmonic to support its direct-to-home (DTH) SD/HD service.
News categories: Harmonic, Nova, Forthnet, Ian Graham, Constantinos Moraitis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
Nova Greece exceeds 500,000 pay TV subscribers
Sep 25, 2014 – Greek pay TV provider Nova, part of the Forthnet S.A. group, has announced that it now has more than 500,000 subscribers. Nova started its service by satellite on December 20, 1999.
News categories: Forthnet, Digital TV, Greece, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers
Forthnet selects Irdeto to secure DTH offering
Aug 20, 2014 – Irdeto and Nova, the satellite pay TV platform of Forthnet, a leader in the pay TV market in Greece and Cyprus, have announced that they have worked together on the transition to a fully-secured direct-to-home (DTH) base.
News categories: Irdeto, Forthnet, Constantinos Moraitis, Richard Scott, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
Forthnet working on two new Nova set-top boxes
Aug 8, 2014 – According to Forthnet's six months financial report the company is working on two new set-top boxes to be offered to its Nova pay TV subscribers. The aim of the project is to develop two new high-end models.
News categories: Forthnet, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite, Set Top Box
Forthnet pay TV subscribers up 29.4% Y-o-Y in 2Q 2014
Aug 8, 2014 – Greek pay TV operator, Forthnet, has released its second quarter 2014 results. The company's Nova pay TV subscriber base grew by 29.4% year-on-year, reaching 482.5k households - an all time high.
News categories: Forthnet, Greece, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers