Digital TV News: Forthnet
Forthnet deploys Zenterio OS across legacy and next-generation STBs
Sep 12, 2017 – Zenterio has announced that Forthnet has deployed Zenterio OS on STBs for its satellite pay-TV offering. Thanks to the flexible, modular design of Zenterio OS, Forthnet successfully added new services to its legacy boxes, while retaining the look and feel of the existing UI.
News categories: Zenterio, Forthnet, Jörgen Nilsson, Constantinos Moraitis, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2019, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Greece's Nova chooses Harmonic headend for DTH
Mar 3, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Forthnet, the company that owns Nova, the largest pay-TV satellite platform in Greece, has chosen a high-end compression headend with video analytics from Harmonic to support its direct-to-home (DTH) SD/HD service.
News categories: Harmonic, Nova, Forthnet, Ian Graham, Constantinos Moraitis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
Nova Greece exceeds 500,000 pay TV subscribers
Sep 25, 2014 – Greek pay TV provider Nova, part of the Forthnet S.A. group, has announced that it now has more than 500,000 subscribers. Nova started its service by satellite on December 20, 1999.
News categories: Forthnet, Digital TV, Greece, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers
Forthnet selects Irdeto to secure DTH offering
Aug 20, 2014 – Irdeto and Nova, the satellite pay TV platform of Forthnet, a leader in the pay TV market in Greece and Cyprus, have announced that they have worked together on the transition to a fully-secured direct-to-home (DTH) base.
News categories: Irdeto, Forthnet, Constantinos Moraitis, Richard Scott, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
Forthnet working on two new Nova set-top boxes
Aug 8, 2014 – According to Forthnet's six months financial report the company is working on two new set-top boxes to be offered to its Nova pay TV subscribers. The aim of the project is to develop two new high-end models.
News categories: Forthnet, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite, Set Top Box
Forthnet pay TV subscribers up 29.4% Y-o-Y in 2Q 2014
Aug 8, 2014 – Greek pay TV operator, Forthnet, has released its second quarter 2014 results. The company's Nova pay TV subscriber base grew by 29.4% year-on-year, reaching 482.5k households - an all time high.
News categories: Forthnet, Greece, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Forthnet Group Signs New Contracts With Eutelsat to Launch Triple Play Services
Aug 24, 2011 – A five-year distribution agreement enabling Forthnet Group (Athens:FORTH) to market the new-generation Tooway™ broadband service to users across Greece and Cyprus has been signed with Skylogic, a Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) affiliate.
News categories: Eutelsat, Forthnet, Broadband, Greece, Satellite
Nova selects Pace to enable its nation-wide transition to HD
Sep 2, 2010 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it has been selected as the high definition (HD) PVR delivery partner for Nova, the sole satellite pay TV platform in Greece and part of the Forthnet Group, Greece's largest privately owned telco operator.
News categories: Pace plc, Forthnet, Nova, Digital TV, DVR, Greece, Satellite, Set Top Box
Nova to offer HD satellite TV in Greece with Pace
Jun 17, 2010 – At a press conference, Greek satellite TV operator 'Nova' presented its strategy and commercial policy for its Nova High Definition (HD) service, which will be available as of August 2010.
News categories: Pace plc, Nova, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite, Set Top Box
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan