Digital TV News: France Télévisions
Eutelsat adds Ultra HD demo channel broadcasting in HEVC at 50fps
May 26, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) is scaling up its Ultra HD activity with the launch of Europe’s first demo channel encoded in HEVC and broadcasting at 50 frames per second with 10-bit colour depth.
News categories: Eutelsat, ATEME, Michel Chabrol, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
France Télévisions develops FranceTV Pluzz multiscreen offer with Anevia
Dec 18, 2013 – Anevia has announced that France Télévisions has chosen ViaMotion to power their new multiscreen platform. Francetv Pluzz is a TV portal in France, where 5 premium channels and 9 overseas channels can be viewed and shared on demand.
News categories: Anevia, France Télévisions, Alain Buzzacaro, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Mobile, OTT
NEOTION and FRANSAT launch HbbTV tablet
Jun 5, 2013 – Eutelsat's subsidiary FRANSAT together with NEOTION have developed an Hbb Tablet. The tablet accesses HbbTV content as a 'companion screen' via a Bluetooth connection from NEOTION's CI PLUS BlueBridge CAM module attached to the TV.
News categories: FRANSAT, NEOTION, ANGA COM, CAM, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Satellite, Tablet
4EVER Consortium to advance Ultra-HDTV technologies
Apr 12, 2012 – ATEME has announced the launch of a French research program to reduce the bandwidth required for the delivery of Ultra High Definition Television using High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC - MPEG-H Part 2).
News categories: 4EVER, ATEME, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France
Version 1.5 of HbbTV Specification Released
Apr 4, 2012 – The HbbTV consortium has announced the publication of version 1.5 of its hybrid TV specification. Version 1.5 of the HbbTV specification notably introduces support for HTTP adaptive streaming based on the recently published MPEG-DASH specification.
News categories: HbbTV Consortium, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
EBU Members offered free applications to 'fast-track' launch of HbbTV
Feb 2, 2012 – European Broadcasting Union (EBU) Members will be offered generic applications to deploy Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) during the Olympics and the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC), when audiences peak.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Apps, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
EBU drive will bring Hybrid TV into European homes in 2012
Dec 1, 2011 – More than 20 EBU Members have agreed to collaborate to unlock the full potential of Hybrid TV for a European rollout of the technology in 2012. The announcement came as the EBU opened its 67th General Assembly, at the EBU headquarters, in Geneva.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, DVB-MHP, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, MHEG-5, Middleware, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart TV, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
European Broadcasting Union to present tech advances made by public service broadcasters, at IBC
Aug 31, 2011 – At IBC, the European Broadcasting Union will demonstrate live end-to-end 1080p/50 transmissions between Frankfurt, Geneva and Amsterdam, and provide comparisons, in the 1080p HDTV format, between H.264 and VP8 for web-based video encoding.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, IBC2019
France Télévisions Launches DTV Services for Overseas Territories
Apr 1, 2011 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that France Télévisions has launched DTV services for French-administered overseas territories, using an extensive and flexible Thomson headend technology solution.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, France Télévisions, Content Distribution, NABShow
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019