Digital TV News: France Télévisions
France Télévisions selects Arkena to develop its new SVOD platform
Sep 13, 2017 – Arkena has been trusted by France Télévisions to deliver its new SVOD project. The service will be integrated into the new france.tv platform, which will allow the majority of the group’s content to be reviewed on all screens.
News categories: Arkena, France Télévisions, Aymeric de Cardes, Julien Verley, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, IBC2020, OTT
France Télévisions optimizes its catch-up TV service with Arkena
Apr 29, 2015 – France Télévisions has selected the technology platform of Arkena to optimize francetv pluzz, its OTT catch-up TV offering for connected devices. The service has been launched on several set-top boxes, on the Internet and for other connected screens.
News categories: Arkena, France Télévisions, Gregory Samson, Stéphane Van Bosterhaudt,, Content Distribution, France, Mobile, OTT
ATEME participates in HEVC UHD live satellite broadcast
Jun 11, 2014 – ATEME has announced that it successfully demonstrated the power of its carrier-grade video encoding/transcoding product, TITAN Live Any-to-Any, at the 2014 French Open tennis tournament.
News categories: ATEME, Michel Artieres, Content Distribution, France, Satellite
Eutelsat adds Ultra HD demo channel broadcasting in HEVC at 50fps
May 26, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) is scaling up its Ultra HD activity with the launch of Europe’s first demo channel encoded in HEVC and broadcasting at 50 frames per second with 10-bit colour depth.
News categories: Eutelsat, ATEME, Michel Chabrol, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
France Télévisions develops FranceTV Pluzz multiscreen offer with Anevia
Dec 18, 2013 – Anevia has announced that France Télévisions has chosen ViaMotion to power their new multiscreen platform. Francetv Pluzz is a TV portal in France, where 5 premium channels and 9 overseas channels can be viewed and shared on demand.
News categories: Anevia, France Télévisions, Alain Buzzacaro, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Mobile, OTT
NEOTION and FRANSAT launch HbbTV tablet
Jun 5, 2013 – Eutelsat's subsidiary FRANSAT together with NEOTION have developed an Hbb Tablet. The tablet accesses HbbTV content as a 'companion screen' via a Bluetooth connection from NEOTION's CI PLUS BlueBridge CAM module attached to the TV.
News categories: FRANSAT, NEOTION, ANGA COM, CAM, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Satellite, Tablet
4EVER Consortium to advance Ultra-HDTV technologies
Apr 12, 2012 – ATEME has announced the launch of a French research program to reduce the bandwidth required for the delivery of Ultra High Definition Television using High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC - MPEG-H Part 2).
News categories: 4EVER, ATEME, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France
Version 1.5 of HbbTV Specification Released
Apr 4, 2012 – The HbbTV consortium has announced the publication of version 1.5 of its hybrid TV specification. Version 1.5 of the HbbTV specification notably introduces support for HTTP adaptive streaming based on the recently published MPEG-DASH specification.
News categories: HbbTV Consortium, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
EBU Members offered free applications to 'fast-track' launch of HbbTV
Feb 2, 2012 – European Broadcasting Union (EBU) Members will be offered generic applications to deploy Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) during the Olympics and the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC), when audiences peak.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Apps, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020