Digital TV News: France Telecom
Cable TV Losing Subscribers to Satellite and IPTV
Nov 20, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its November 2012 Pay TV Services and Subscribers report, which forecasts and analyzes the telco Internet protocol television (IPTV), cable video, and satellite video services markets.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Microsoft Extends Lead to 23% of the IPTV Middleware Market
Nov 7, 2012 – Microsoft's Mediaroom IPTV platform leads the IPTV middleware market and continues to grow in market share as of mid-2012 to 23% of deployed IPTV boxes, according to ABI Research. ZTE and Huawei also play strongly in the market.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware
Sisvel Advances Toward Formation of DVB-C2 Patent Pool
Sep 7, 2012 – Sisvel has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patents essential to the DVB-C2 standard for the purpose of creating a patent pool to offer licenses under their combined portfolio of patents.
News categories: Sisvel, Cable TV, DVB-C2, IBC2019, Licensing, Patent
Orange TV customers reach 5.5 million in 2Q 2012
Jul 26, 2012 – France Telecom (NYSE:FTE) has published its first half 2012 financial report. In France, Orange TV grew to 4.7 million customers as of June 30, 2012, up 20.7%, year-on-year. Overall, France Telecom reached 5.5 million TV customers.
News categories: Orange, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers
Cisco-NDS and Google-Motorola Acquisitions Upend TV Middleware Market
Jul 10, 2012 – The TV middleware market, long led by Nagra and NDS worldwide and Motorola and Cisco in North America, is in a state of upheaval as Cisco's bid for NDS waits to close while Google has yet to give a clear direction for its Motorola business unit.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
Cable Still King of Pay-TV, but Satellite and IPTV Poised for Takeover
Jun 25, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released its latest Pay-TV Services and Subscribers report. The global pay-TV market, including cable, satellite, and IPTV video services, totaled $261 billion in 2011 and is forecast to grow to $371 billion by 2016.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
MPEG Surround Licensing Program Addresses New ARIB Multi-Channel Audio Standard for Mobile Broadcasting
Apr 16, 2012 – Via Licensing has announced a patent licensing program for MPEG Surround, the only surround sound format specified by the Japanese Association of Radio Industries and Businesses (ARIB) for mobile broadcasting systems.
News categories: Via Licensing, Japan, Licensing, Mobile, Patent
Via Licensing Corp Launches MPEG Surround Patent Licensing Program
Jan 10, 2012 – Via Licensing, a company that develops and operates patent pools in cooperation with essential patent owners worldwide, has announced the availability of its joint licensing program for patents essential to the practice of MPEG Surround.
News categories: Via Licensing, Fraunhofer IIS, CES, Licensing, Patent, Smart TV
HomePlug® Powerline Alliance Announces AV2 Specification for Broadband Speeds over Powerline Wires
Jan 9, 2012 – The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced the availability of the HomePlug AV2 specification. This new HomePlug technology enables significant performance and coverage for broadband networking over powerline wires.
News categories: Powerline Alliance, Smart Home
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos