Digital TV News: Frankly
Frankly to acquire Vemba to expand OTT video solutions
Jul 24, 2019 – Frankly (TSX VENTURE: TLK) has agreed to acquire Vemba. Vemba's platform, which simplifies the management, syndication, tracking and monetization of video assets, is complementary to Frankly's focus on live, linear video.
News categories: Frankly, Vemba, Lou Schwartz, Norbert Horvath, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, Worldwide
fuboTV chooses Nielsen Marketing Cloud to enable addressable TV advertising
Aug 31, 2017 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that fuboTV, a leading sports-first live streaming TV service, has selected Nielsen Marketing Cloud's Data Management Platform (Nielsen DMP) to power its addressable TV advertising capabilities.
News categories: Nielsen, fuboTV, Damian Garbaccio, David Gandler, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Frankly launches Raycom Media's mobile and OTT apps
May 4, 2017 – Frankly (TSX VENTURE: TLK) has launched Raycom Media's mobile and OTT applications. The rollout adds 78 Android and iOS apps to the Frankly Mobile Apps platform, which will reach communities across 17 U.S. states.
News categories: Frankly, Raycom Media, Edison Cruz, Clay McNeill, Apps, Mobile, OTT, USA
Samsung and Yahoo!® Bring the Best of the Web to Television
Jan 5, 2009 – Samsung (Seoul: 005930) and Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) have announced a new Internet-based service to Samsung televisions available in the spring of 2009. Select models in Samsung's 2009 flat-panel HDTV line-up will be powered by the Yahoo! Widget Engine.
News categories: Yahoo!, Samsung, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region