Digital TV News: Freeview Australia
Switch Media adds Bitmovin video player to its MediaHQ product suite
Jun 19, 2019 – Switch Media adds Bitmovin Video Player to its MediaHQ product suite. The first product to market using the Bitmovin Player technology is Freeview Australia’s Freeview FV Web which gives viewers access to TV using their online browser.
News categories: Bitmovin, Switch Media, Freeview Australia, Stefan Lederer, Luke Durham, Australia, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT
FreeviewPlus doubles Australian penetration in less than 12 months
Dec 13, 2016 – Freeview Australia’s hybrid TV service FreeviewPlus has notched up strong growth in 2016, with the most recent figures showing household penetration has risen to 20% – double the figure released earlier this year.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Sony and LG release FreeviewPlus receivers
Sep 2, 2014 – A new era in Australian free-to-air TV has begun with the launch of FreeviewPlus, the new service that provides access to more content and services from the Freeview networks.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Massive Interactive delivers HbbTV-based service for Australia's FreeviewPlus
Apr 9, 2014 – Massive Interactive (OTCQB: HUGE) has announced that it has delivered the first HbbTV based service in Australia for FreeviewPlus. FreeviewPlus will be available through new connected receivers carrying the FreeviewPlus logo.
News categories: Massive Interactive, FreeviewPlus, Liz Ross, Max Ramsay, Australia, Content Distribution, HbbTV, Terrestrial
FreeviewPlus catch-up TV announced for Australia
Nov 11, 2013 – Freeview Australia has announced plans to unveil an advanced free-to-air EPG service, FreeviewPlus, in the first half of 2014. FreeviewPlus service will include a new, user-friendly EPG and, for the first time, will seamlessly deliver catch up content on TV screens.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Australia, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Digisoft.tv integrates MHEG from S&T
Dec 5, 2012 – Digisoft.tv has announced the integration of RedKey, the MHEG 5 engine from S&T, into its set-top box middleware stack, Iris. The company will offer MHEG, including interaction channel components, as a standard part of its DVB offering.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, Strategy & Technology, MHEG-5, Middleware
Freeview Australia hosts receiver launch event
Oct 12, 2010 – In what Freeview Australia is calling a 'major milestone in the development of free digital TV in Australia', the full range of initial reception equipment was launched in early October at an event in Sydney.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Australia, MHEG-5, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Freeview Australia MHEG EPG goes live with S&T and Magna Systems
Jul 1, 2010 – S&T and Magna Systems have announced that the Freeview Australia EPG is a customised version of S&T's MHEG Guide product and will be available on all 'Freeview EPG' branded receivers that go on sale in Australia from July 2010.
News categories: S&T, Magna Systems, Freeview Australia, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Digital TV Labs Appointed As First Test House For Freeview Australia EPG Product
Jun 3, 2010 – Digital TV Labs has become the first test facility to be approved by Freeview Australia as it launches its Freeview EPG product. The product includes an MHEG-based EPG, PVR functionality and support for the hybrid MHEG Interaction Channel.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Freeview Australia, Australia, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks
- RecordTV uses MediaKind IRD for 2019 Pan American Games coverage
- NAGRA enables cloud-based OTT for Montecable in Uruguay
- ACCESS CO. and EKT integrate the NetRange Application Store
- Telenor deploys pay TV system from ADB
- EBU and Eurofins Digital Testing partner on UHDTV standards and logo
- XroadMedia brings personalisation and recommendations to Stoneroos products