Digital TV News: Freeview
Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
Sep 15, 2019 – Netgem is releasing a second generation of its smart soundbars for telcos in partnership with Sharp. The Soundbox is a comprehensive package including Alexa, 4K HDR10, catch-up TV, OTT, DVB-T2, wireless audio control, great sound, and a slick design.
News categories: Netgem, Sharp, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, Set Top Box
ACCESS CO. and EKT integrate the NetRange Application Store
Sep 13, 2019 – ACCESS CO. and EKT have announced that they are extending their partnership to integrate the NetRange Application Store, a widely deployed Smart TV store with a worldwide catalogue of thousands of apps, to deliver next generation TV and OTT consumer experiences.
News categories: ACCESS CO, EKT, Netrange, Dr. Neale Foster, Richard Smith, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box
Vewd and Realtek collaborate to advance Android TV offering
Aug 27, 2019 – Vewd has announced that Realtek will pre-integrate Vewd’s smart TV technology and essential modules with their Android TV-based chipsets. The integration will include Vewd Core as well as Vewd's hybrid TV, media player and Freeview Play modules.
News categories: Vewd, Realtek, Android TV, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Freeview UK mobile app launches on Android
Jul 29, 2019 – Freeview's mobile app is now available to download from the Google Play Store, giving UK Android users the freedom to watch their TV on-the-go. As with all Freeview products the app is free to use, with no download fee and no subscription.
News categories: Freeview UK, Owen Jenkinson, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Switch Media adds Bitmovin video player to its MediaHQ product suite
Jun 19, 2019 – Switch Media adds Bitmovin Video Player to its MediaHQ product suite. The first product to market using the Bitmovin Player technology is Freeview Australia’s Freeview FV Web which gives viewers access to TV using their online browser.
News categories: Bitmovin, Switch Media, Freeview Australia, Stefan Lederer, Luke Durham, Australia, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT
Verimatrix and moTV.eu provide hybrid platform for Mongolsat Networks
Jun 17, 2019 – Verimatrix (Paris:INSD) and moTV.eu are securing DVB-S delivery offered by Mongolsat Networks. Using the moTV.eu OTT/IPTV/hybrid platform, Verimatrix protects Mongolsat's Freeview TV service to STBs and its TV Everywhere content streamed to mobile devices.
News categories: Verimatrix, moTV.eu, Mongolsat, Steve Oetegenn, Radim Benovsky, Bumchin N, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Mongolia, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
SERAPHIC and CVTE offer customisable Freeview Play 4K TV solution
Jun 14, 2019 – CVTE has worked with SERAPHIC to provide a Freeview Play compliant 4K TV solution for smart TV brands targeting the UK market. CVTE and SERAPHIC together offer a customized UI for the TV brands and help them deliver competitive Freeview Play products.
News categories: SERAPHIC, CVTE, Xinwen Xue, Ziyuan Zhong, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, UK, UX
Freeview NZ on demand platform available via OTT STB
Jun 5, 2019 – Freeview New Zealand's On Demand platform is now available on the recently released Freeview streaming device (DISH TV SmartVU X). SmartVU X is a tiny gadget that connects to almost any TV and streams Freeview Live TV over the internet.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Jason Foden, Apps, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box
EBS provides scheduling information and EPG metadata for UKTV
May 20, 2019 – EBS has announced a supply deal with UKTV for UKTV's full portfolio of channels. EBS now provides scheduling information and EPG metadata for UKTV operations on the Sky, Freeview, and Freesat platforms via its scheduling software, Pawa.
News categories: EBS, UKTV, Keith Bedford, Dave Maynard, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box