Digital TV News: FreeviewPlus
Freeview NZ rolls out new On Demand experience
Jul 4, 2018 – Freeview New Zealand has commenced roll-out of a new On Demand TV Platform to replace the existing FreeviewPlus service. The new Freeview On Demand provides a more seamless experience and easier access to shows and movies.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Jason Foden, Digital TV, New Zealand, UX
Freeview NZ to launch new on-demand platform and connected PVR
Oct 19, 2017 – Freeview New Zealand has announced the launch of a new PVR along with a new Freeview On Demand platform combining Live TV and On Demand services. The PVR will be the first device to combine Freeview Live TV, Freeview On Demand and Freeview Record capabilities.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Jason Foden, Digital TV, HbbTV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
FreeviewPlus doubles Australian penetration in less than 12 months
Dec 13, 2016 – Freeview Australia’s hybrid TV service FreeviewPlus has notched up strong growth in 2016, with the most recent figures showing household penetration has risen to 20% – double the figure released earlier this year.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Freeview Australia app coming in November
Oct 10, 2016 – Freeview Australia has announced that its mobile app, delivering FTA TV channels with just one click, will launch in November. The new live streaming service is branded Freeview FV and will deliver TV into viewers’ hands, extending viewing out of the home.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite, Terrestrial
Freeview NZ extends FreeviewPlus to satellite
Apr 21, 2016 – Freeview New Zealand rolls out FreeviewPlus on their satellite platform. Available since July 2015 to those living in Freeview|HD coverage areas, and requiring a UHF aerial, FreeviewPlus can now also be accessed via satellite dish.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Sam Irvine, Digital TV, New Zealand, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Freeview Australia kicks off program of innovation
Mar 6, 2016 – Freeview Australia has announced that it will be launching a new program of innovation and products including a new FreeviewPlus mobile application for access to all of the free-to-air networks’ live streaming and catch up content.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Clive Dickens, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
FreeviewPlus launches in New Zealand
Jul 1, 2015 – Freeview has launched a new digital TV platform designed to give New Zealanders easy access to on-demand video services on their TVs - FreeviewPlus. FreeviewPlus uses HbbTV to enable integration of broadcast TV and on-demand services.
News categories: Freeview NZ, TVNZ, MediaWorks, Māori TV, Sam Irvine, Kevin Kenrick, Mark Weldon, Paora Maxwell, Digital TV, HbbTV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
First FreeviewPlus STB available in Australia
May 25, 2015 – Freeview Australia has welcomed the arrival of the aerialBox T2100, the first set-top box (STB) certified for FreeviewPlus, the TV service that provides access to more content and services from the Freeview networks.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Nipuul H Patel, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box
Sony and LG release FreeviewPlus receivers
Sep 2, 2014 – A new era in Australian free-to-air TV has begun with the launch of FreeviewPlus, the new service that provides access to more content and services from the Freeview networks.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos