Digital TV News: FremantleMedia
SpotX to power FremantleMedia's programmatic ad-based monetization
Sep 21, 2017 – SpotX has announced that it is partnering with FremantleMedia to help power the monetization of the global media giant’s holistic distribution strategy. The move marks the launch of ad-based monetization for FremantleMedia.
News categories: SpotX, FremantleMedia, Ben Abbatiello, Samantha Glynne, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Money Drop is Europe's most valuable TV format
Mar 20, 2013 – Relative newcomer Money Drop was the top format title by value created in 2012, pushing Come Dine With Me into second place, according to a new Digital TV Research report. The TV Formats in Europe report states that The Voice entered the top 10 in 2012.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
HyperTV and Civolution Provide Social Media Gaming to Sky Italia
Oct 9, 2012 – HyperTV and Civolution have announced their platform was recently chosen by Sky Italia to engage viewers with the first ever social media gaming experience related to X Factor 2012.
News categories: Civolution, HyperTV, Apps, Italy, Satellite, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet
Starling: new social TV platform to revolutionize TV viewing
Apr 13, 2010 – Starling, a new social TV platform, launches its first version today. Designed for mobile devices, tablet computers and the web, it provides viewers with a platform to chat, play, and interact - around a show, and with each other.
News categories: Starling, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Social TV
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos