Digital TV News: Frontier Communications
Canoe adds Frontier to its dynamic ad insertion platform
Oct 28, 2019 – Canoe Ventures has added Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FTR) to its footprint of VOD-DAI enabled television distributors. Frontier joins Charter (NASDAQ:CHTR), Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and Cox as the fourth MVPD to utilize Canoe’s Service Assurance platform.
News categories: Canoe, Frontier Communications, Joel Hassell, Marcien Jenckes, James Frogameni, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
AT&T launches new advertising company, Xandr
Sep 25, 2018 – AT&T has announced the launch of Xandr, its new advertising company. Xandr encompasses all aspects of the existing AT&T advertising and analytics businesses, including AT&T’s advanced TV business, AT&T AdWorks; AT&T’s data and analytics business; ATT.net and AppNexus.
News categories: AT&T, Xandr, Brian Lesser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
4K Ultra HD TVs driving the flat panel TV market
Jul 12, 2018 – The increasing number of worldwide 4K flat panel TV shipments over the past few years is contributing to growth of the global flat panel TV market. 4K TV units account for more than one-third of TVs sold in 2017, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Video streaming outperforms subscription TV in customer satisfaction in the U.S.
May 22, 2018 – Customer satisfaction with video streaming services in the U.S. far eclipses that of subscription TV, according to an ACSI customer satisfaction report. In the report video streaming services had a score of 75, way above subscription TV’s score of 62.
News categories: American Customer Satisfaction Index, David VanAmburg, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, USA, UX
Frontier Communications signs up to Energy-Efficiency Voluntary Agreements
Nov 27, 2017 – Frontier Communications has joined as a signatory of two voluntary agreements to continue the ongoing improvement of the energy efficiency of its set-top boxes, as well as modems and routers used for broadband Internet services.
News categories: Frontier Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Frontier offers Amazon Alexa integration with FiOS Quantum TV
Nov 3, 2017 – Frontier Communications’ FiOS Quantum TV subscribers can now enjoy a hands-free video experience using Amazon Alexa. The integration of Amazon Echo devices with Quantum TV ends the 'sofa search' for the remote control.
News categories: Frontier Communications, Amazon, John Maduri, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Frontier Communications deploys Elemental video processing
Apr 18, 2017 – AWS Elemental has announced that Frontier Communications has chosen AWS Elemental video processing for its Vantage TV by Frontier live and on-demand video services.
News categories: Elemental, Frontier Communications, Dan Marshall, Steve Ward, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Frontier to test 4K Ultra HD content on SES platform
Feb 27, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that Frontier Communications has begun testing 4K Ultra HD content delivery using SES’s fully-managed Ultra HD distribution platform.
News categories: SES S.A, Frontier Communications, Steve Corda, Steve Ward, Cable TV, Content Distribution, USA
Frontier Communications to deploy co-branded versions of TiVo's products and services
Feb 25, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FTR) have announced a multi-year partnership. Starting in mid-2015, Frontier will market and deploy co-branded versions of TiVo's suite of whole-home products and services as part of its video offering.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Frontier Communications, Naveen Chopra, Dan McCarthy, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Smart Home, USA
- OTT video revenue to grow to over $200 billion by 2024
- Comscore to measure The Cowboy Channel and RFD-TV audiences
- MRI-Simmons and FourthWall Media partner to provide custom TV audiences
- EUTELSAT 7C enters into commercial service
- 52% of U.S. Smart Speaker owners are controlling TV with voice
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology