Digital TV News: Fullscreen
Cyfrowy Polsat launches IPTV service and set-top box
Mar 25, 2019 – Cyfrowy Polsat has introduced an IPTV service, thanks to which viewers will be able to watch TV channels over broadband without the need to install a satellite dish. The service is accompanied by a new EVOBOX IP set-top box.
News categories: Cyfrowy Polsat, Maciej Stec, Dariusz Działkowski, Digital TV, OTT, Poland, Set Top Box
Eros Now selects Vindicia subscription billing platform
Feb 26, 2019 – Vindicia (NASDAQ: DOX) has announced that Eros Now has selected Vindicia CashBox to enhance its consumer experience. Through the alliance, Vindicia CashBox will help in accelerating the subscriber growth of Eros Now around the world.
News categories: Amdocs, Eros Now, Vindicia, Darcy Antonellis, Rishika Lulla Singh, Digital TV, India, MWC19, OTT, Worldwide
Intel True View to bring immersive experiences to football fans
Feb 7, 2019 – In partnership with Arsenal FC, Liverpool FC and Manchester City, Intel will deliver immersive experiences via Intel True View at Emirates Stadium, Anfield and the Etihad Stadium. Fans worldwide will be able to enjoy the biggest moments of the match from every angle.
News categories: Intel Corp, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, UK, VR
Channel 4 launches 'Dynamic TV' - a European first in VoD ad targeting
Jan 23, 2019 – Channel 4 has announced the launch of Dynamic TV - an ad innovation which enables potentially thousands of variations of data-driven creative to be served across big screen devices like smart TVs for the first time, as well as on mobile and desktop VOD platforms.
News categories: Channel 4, Innovid, David Amodio, Tal Chalozin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Freeview NZ PVR combines Freeview features with streaming apps
Dec 10, 2018 – Freeview, in collaboration with Dish TV, Google and local content providers, has released the first Android TV powered PVR in New Zealand. The Freeview Recorder combines the entire suite of Freeview features with apps and extra content available through Google Play.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Jason Foden, Android TV, Apps, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Vodafone makes UK’s first holographic call using 5G
Sep 20, 2018 – Vodafone has conducted the UK’s first live holographic call using 5G technology. The call from Vodafone’s Manchester office featured England and Manchester City Women’s Football Captain, Steph Houghton MBE. Using 5G technology, Steph appeared as a live 3D hologram on stage in front of an audience at Vodafone’s UK headquarters in Newbury.
News categories: Vodafone, Nick Jeffery, 5G, Digital TV, UK, VR
Eutelsat launches turnkey satellite-OTT delivery solution
Sep 6, 2018 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) is launching Eutelsat CIRRUS, a turnkey content delivery solution via satellite and OTT for operators seeking to launch or upgrade their service, offering the benefits of rapidly deployed video services, low operational costs, high image quality and consistent end-user experience.
News categories: Eutelsat, Gerry O’Sullivan, Rodolphe Belmer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Satellite, Worldwide
true[X] and You.i TV join forces to streamline OTT advertising
Sep 5, 2018 – You.i TV and true [X] have announced that true[X] will integrate You.i TV's designer workflow and interactive ad user experience production process. The resulting You.i TV-powered true[X] ads will be available for integration into any premium publisher app.
News categories: true [X], You.i TV, Joshua Rangsikitpho, Jason Flick, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Worldwide
Nine launches Real Addressability to the Australian market
Aug 6, 2018 – Nine has become the first Australian broadcaster to launch real addressable advertising to the Australian market through 9Now, its broadcast video on demand (BVOD) product. The new offering gives marketers cross-device targeting on video.
News categories: Nine, Michael Stephenson, Pippa Leary, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, OTT
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient