Digital TV News: Funbox
Funbox goes OTT with Brightcove OTT Flow X, powered by Accedo
Sep 6, 2018 – Accedo and Brightcove have announced that one of Vietnam’s most popular VOD services, Funbox, aims to add one million new users when it launches on iOS, Android, Web, Roku devices and Smart TVs in 2019.
News categories: Accedo, Brightcove, Funbox, Matt Kossatz, Ben Morrell, Minh Thien, Digital TV, IBC2020, Mobile, OTT, UX, Vietnam
30 pay TV providers testing 4K with SES in the US
Jul 24, 2017 – With an additional nine TV operators joining SES’s Ultra HD trials, a total of 30 US Pay TV providers, with a combined audience of more than 10 million subscribers, are now testing SES’s 4K content delivery platform across their distribution networks.
News categories: SES S.A, Steve Corda, Jonathan Bullock, Michael Agostinelli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Cable’s first live PPV sports event in Ultra HD delivered by iN DEMAND with SES
Jun 29, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced the successful delivery of iN DEMAND and cable’s first 4K live Pay-Per-View (PPV) sports event broadcast, Bellator NYC: Sonnen vs Silva Mixed Martial Arts, over the SES Ultra HD distribution platform.
News categories: SES, iN DEMAND, Steve Corda, John Schultz, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, USA
U.S. MVPDs launch first linear consumer Ultra HD services with SES
Apr 24, 2017 – SES (Paris; LuxX:SESG) has announced that two MVPDs in the US have launched the first commercial linear Ultra HD services to cable and IPTV subscriber homes using SES’s satellite-delivered, pre-packaged, Ultra HD solution.
News categories: SES S.A, Vivicast, Highlands Cable, Marquette-Adams, Steve Corda, Stuart Smitherman, Nin Bond, Jerry Schneider, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Satellite, USA
Ooredoo launches first 4K/UHD channels in the Middle East with Harmonic
Mar 15, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Ooredoo has launched the first 4K TV channels in the Middle East using a next-generation Electra video compression solution for all-IP environments.
News categories: Harmonic, Ooredoo, Ian Graham, Fatima Sultan Al Kuwari, CABSAT, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Qatar
Vodafone Portugal launches UHD/4K set-top box
Jun 1, 2016 – Vodafone Portugal has announced the launch of Insight TV UHD, a 4K TV channel dedicated to entertainment. Alongside the new offering, the company is providing a new set-top box - the Tv Box UHD/4K.
News categories: Vodafone, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box
Vodafone Portugal launches first 4K (UHD) television channel
Jul 1, 2015 – Vodafone Portugal has announced that it is now is offering a 4K (Ultra HD) television channel to its TV-over-fibre customers. Initially, Vodafone Portugal will start 4K/UHD broadcasts of the FunBox 4K UHD channel.
News categories: Vodafone, SPI International, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Portugal
Eutelsat boosts Ultra HD content on 'HOT BIRD 4K1' TV platform
Jun 8, 2015 – Exclusive Ultra HD content broadcast in the 'HOT BIRD 4K1' channel operated by Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) continues to expand and diversify with new input from SPI International and ANIXE HD Television.
News categories: Eutelsat, SPI International, ANIXE HD, Markus Fritz, Berk Uziyel, Emanouil Lapidakis, ANGA COM, Content Distribution, Europe, Satellite
ZTE9 releases FunBox - the world’s fastest home entertainment console
Mar 20, 2014 – ZTE9 has released the FunBox, the world’s fastest home entertainment console, bringing consumers and families a unique high-performance all-in-one gaming, video-chatting and online video experience.
News categories: ZTE9, ZTE, The9, China, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019