Digital TV News: GCI
Mediacom deploys Evolution Digital hybrid STBs
Feb 12, 2018 – Evolution Digital has announced the deployment of its eBOX IP Hybrid Set-Top Box, powered by TiVo, to Mediacom Communications customers. Evolution Digital's eBOX will include Evolution Digital-enabled IP Pay-Per-View (PPV) services.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Mediacom Communications, Marc Cohen, JR Walden, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Evolution Digital’s eVUE-TV grows to 23 pay TV operators
Sep 20, 2017 – Evolution Digital has announced the expanded deployment of its eVUE-TV IP video platform with additional US operators. Newly-announced operators include Cablevision of Marion County, BELD, DTC, LHTC Broadband, Tullahoma Utilities Board, Valley Telecom Group and Gold Coast Broadband.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Marc Cohen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Evolution Digital reaches eVUE-TV agreement with GCI
Jun 20, 2017 – Evolution Digital has announced that it has reached an agreement with General Communication Inc. (GCI) to deploy its fully-managed eVUE-TV IPTV Solution to GCI customers in select service regions.
News categories: Evolution Digital, General Communication Inc, Marc Cohen, Eric Powelson, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Evolution Digital eBOX IP Hybrid STB for Alaska's GCI
Nov 16, 2016 – Evolution Digital has announced that it has reached agreement with General Communications Inc. (GCI) to deploy its eBOX IP Hybrid Set-Top Box, powered by TiVo, to GCI customers in select service regions.
News categories: Evolution Digital, GCI, Marc Cohen, Heather Handyside, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo grows Opera TV Store in U.S. market
Sep 16, 2014 – Opera Software has announced that an increasing number of U.S. cable TV operators are offering apps and video content to their subscriber bases through the Opera TV Store running on TiVo’s whole-home gateway DVR and multi-room client devices.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, USA
GCI adds Netflix app to TiVo-powered GCI TV
Jun 2, 2014 – GCI has announced that it will add Netflix as an app through GCI TV powered by TiVo. All GCI TiVo customers across Alaska will now be able to access their Netflix accounts through this platform at no additional cost.
News categories: GCI, TiVo Inc, Paul Landes, Apps, Cable TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo surpasses 4.5 million subscriber milestone
Apr 29, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has more than 4.5 million subscribers who are now enjoying the TiVo experience, surpassing the previous record number of 4.45 million hit over eight years ago in December of 2006.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Jeff Klugman, Louis Audet, Peter Pounds, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
GCI, Pace and TiVo launch platform for cable TV
Aug 12, 2013 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced its first deployment resulting from its partnership agreement with TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO). GCI, one of the 20 largest cable operators in North America, is rolling out the Pace XG1 Multi-tuner Video Gateway with TiVo's Advanced User Interface.
News categories: Pace plc, TiVo Inc, GCI, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Pace interim results for the 6 months ended 30 June 2013
Jul 30, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has released Interim Results for the 6 months ended 30th June 2013. STB and Media Server revenues were up 51.8% in H1 2013 driven largely by the continuing high demand for Media Servers from both Comcast and DIRECTV.
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, Gateway, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers