Digital TV News: GOtv
M-Net unveils GoTV DTT service for South Africa
Feb 3, 2016 – M-Net has unveiled its digital terrestrial television service for South Africa, called GOtv. GOtv will use digital network towers throughout South Africa and customers will need a decoder to access the signal.
News categories: M-Net, GOtv, Yolisa Phahle, Tsabiso Letsoela, Digital TV, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
CANAL+ partners with ENENSYS for sub-Saharan Africa DTT rollout
Sep 23, 2015 – ENENSYS has announced that it has been selected by CANAL+ Overseas as a technology partner for the rollout of the broadcaster’s DTT platform in Africa. TNT Africa is designed to work alongside its existing DTH service Les Bouquets Canal+.
News categories: ENENSYS, CANAL+ Overseas, Emmanuel Jacques, Africa, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Terrestrial
Pan-African pay TV platforms set to boom
Sep 16, 2015 – Pan-African pay TV platforms are set to boom, according to Digital TV Research. Pay DTT platform GOtv will gain 5.84 million subs between 2014 and 2020 to reach 7.50 million – more than quadruple its 2014 total.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Poland, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Turkey
Pay TV in 21% of TV households in East Africa
Jul 31, 2015 – According to research by Dataxis, in the five countries of the East African Community (EAC), DTT had an overall 53% share of pay TV users, followed by DTH with 43% and the remainder on CATV systems in Kenya and Tanzania.
News categories: Dataxis, Burundi, Cable TV, Digital TV, Kenya, Market Research, Rwanda, Satellite, Subscribers, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Uganda
Zambian pay TV revenues to rise with advent of new DTT bouquet
Jul 24, 2015 – The Zambian Pay-TV market saw subscriber revenues total approximately $21.13 million in 2014, growing in value by 121% since 2008. Dataxis forecasts that revenues will grow to $53.26 million by end-2018 with DTT taking an increasing proportion of the total.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial, Zambia
Satellite dominates Sub-Saharan Africa pay TV revenues
Jan 14, 2015 – Pay TV revenues in Sub-Saharan Africa will reach $6.22 billion in 2020, up from $3.54 billion in 2014 and $1.92 billion in 2010, according to a report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
GOtv Kenya launches GOcard CAM with NEOTION
Apr 16, 2014 – GOtv, the leading DTT pay television service in Kenya, in partnership with Neotion has announced the launch of its GOCard conditional access module (CAM).
News categories: GOtv, Neotion, Felix Kyengo, Stéphanie Bizouerne, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Kenya, Smart card / CAM, Terrestrial
MultiChoice selects Clearleap to accelerate multiscreen strategy
Apr 16, 2014 – Clearleap has been selected by MultiChoice to accelerate its multiscreen strategy and provide efficient management and delivery of its television content over both IP network and traditional pay-TV networks.
News categories: Clearleap, MultiChoice, Gerdus Van Eeden, Braxton Jarratt, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, South Africa
MultiChoice expands DTT distribution in Sub-Saharan Africa with Intelsat
Apr 9, 2014 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that African direct-to-home operator, MultiChoice, is leveraging Intelsat capacity to expand the reach of its digital terrestrial television (DTT) offering in Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Intelsat, MultiChoice, Nico Meyer, Grant Marais, Ghana, Infrastructure, Kenya, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Terrestrial, Uganda, Zambia
- Sky Q goes on sale in the UK and Ireland
- Com Hem adds 4,000 digital TV subscribers in 4Q 2015
- Recommendation-driven guides to drive 75% of TV viewing
- EUTELSAT 65 West A to launch on 9 March
- Russia's NTV-Plus to move completely to MPEG-4
- SES-9 launch expected on February 24, 2016
- HIGH TV 4K launches in India on digital TV platforms
- 81% of US households have a DVR, Netflix, or use VOD
- Spain's Pay TV subscribers down 44,000 in 2Q 2015
- MyLiveGuard connected home service added to NetRange Portal
- Huawei, Expway partner for video quality standardisation
- Videocon d2h launches connected set-top box
- Windstream expands Kinetic TV into Texas
- Bang & Olufsen launches BeoLink SmartHome
- STB shipments to SAARC region grew 52% in 2015
- Accenture powers SKY On Demand in the Philippines
- Charter adds 29,000 residential video customers in 4Q 2015
- Freesat now available in 1.93 million homes
- Swisscom TV adds 166,000 subscribers in 2015
- Vodafone adds 200,000 TV customers in 4Q 2015