Digital TV News: GOtv
Pay TV in 21% of TV households in East Africa
Jul 31, 2015 – According to research by Dataxis, in the five countries of the East African Community (EAC), DTT had an overall 53% share of pay TV users, followed by DTH with 43% and the remainder on CATV systems in Kenya and Tanzania.
News categories: Dataxis, Burundi, Cable TV, Digital TV, Kenya, Market Research, Rwanda, Satellite, Subscribers, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Uganda
Zambian pay TV revenues to rise with advent of new DTT bouquet
Jul 24, 2015 – The Zambian Pay-TV market saw subscriber revenues total approximately $21.13 million in 2014, growing in value by 121% since 2008. Dataxis forecasts that revenues will grow to $53.26 million by end-2018 with DTT taking an increasing proportion of the total.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial, Zambia
Satellite dominates Sub-Saharan Africa pay TV revenues
Jan 14, 2015 – Pay TV revenues in Sub-Saharan Africa will reach $6.22 billion in 2020, up from $3.54 billion in 2014 and $1.92 billion in 2010, according to a report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
GOtv Kenya launches GOcard CAM with NEOTION
Apr 16, 2014 – GOtv, the leading DTT pay television service in Kenya, in partnership with Neotion has announced the launch of its GOCard conditional access module (CAM).
News categories: GOtv, Neotion, Felix Kyengo, Stéphanie Bizouerne, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Kenya, Smart card / CAM, Terrestrial
MultiChoice selects Clearleap to accelerate multiscreen strategy
Apr 16, 2014 – Clearleap has been selected by MultiChoice to accelerate its multiscreen strategy and provide efficient management and delivery of its television content over both IP network and traditional pay-TV networks.
News categories: Clearleap, MultiChoice, Gerdus Van Eeden, Braxton Jarratt, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, South Africa
MultiChoice expands DTT distribution in Sub-Saharan Africa with Intelsat
Apr 9, 2014 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that African direct-to-home operator, MultiChoice, is leveraging Intelsat capacity to expand the reach of its digital terrestrial television (DTT) offering in Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Intelsat, MultiChoice, Nico Meyer, Grant Marais, Ghana, Infrastructure, Kenya, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Terrestrial, Uganda, Zambia
VisualOn powers TVB.COM's Android apps in Hong Kong
Mar 13, 2014 – VisualOn has announced TVB.COM as a customer. VisualOn powers TVB.COM's mobile apps, GOTV and myTV on the Android platform. TVB.COM can now provide its Hong Kong customers with video streaming on-the-go.
News categories: VisualOn, TVB.COM, Andy Lin, Kenneth Wong, Apps, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Media Player, TV Everywhere
18 million DVB-T2 STBs set to ship in 2015
Apr 24, 2013 – According to ABI Research, if remaining analogue television shutoff timelines go largely as planned, over 18 million DVB-T2 STBs will ship in 2015.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
ORS to use Neotion CAM and Irdeto Media Protection for DVB-T2 service in Austria
Apr 12, 2013 – Austrian Broadcasting Services (ORS) has selected Neotion as technical partner for the launch of its new nationwide terrestrial TV service, called simpliTV. The simpliTV bouquet is based on DVB-T2 standard and Irdeto Media Protection.
News categories: NEOTION, Irdeto, simpliTV, Austria, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Smart card / CAM, Terrestrial
- Ziggo leads drop in Dutch TV subscriptions in Q2 2015
- Opera TV debuts HbbTV 2.0 SDK for TV and STB manufacturers
- Com Hem unifies delivery of linear and multiscreen TV with Elemental
- ALi introduces STB/Sound Bar combo
- Half of U.S. internet homes own a connected TV device
- SCSA releases VIDITY licensing specifications
- Technicolor and Fraunhofer announce MPEG-H Audio licensing program
- 1,400 satellites to launch over the next decade
- DTH driving HDTV boom in South Asia
- 24.8 million connected TV sets in the top 5 Latin American countries
- HGI sets requirements for home network devices
- EU seeks views on the Satellite and Cable Directive
- SoftBank and Netflix Japan announce partnership
- SIXTY announces lightweight STB user interface framework
- Ziggo's triple-play market share in Holland under pressure
- Portugal adds 36,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2015
- EUTELSAT 8 West B successfully launched
- Via Licensing issues call for MPEG-H 3D Audio patents
- Intelsat announces successful launch of Intelsat 34
- Amazon, Apple, Google, and Roku dominate streaming media device market