Digital TV News: GOtv
GOtv Kenya launches GOcard CAM with NEOTION
Apr 16, 2014 – GOtv, the leading DTT pay television service in Kenya, in partnership with Neotion has announced the launch of its GOCard conditional access module (CAM).
News categories: GOtv, Neotion, Felix Kyengo, Stéphanie Bizouerne, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Kenya, Smart card / CAM, Terrestrial
MultiChoice selects Clearleap to accelerate multiscreen strategy
Apr 16, 2014 – Clearleap has been selected by MultiChoice to accelerate its multiscreen strategy and provide efficient management and delivery of its television content over both IP network and traditional pay-TV networks.
News categories: Clearleap, MultiChoice, Gerdus Van Eeden, Braxton Jarratt, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, South Africa
MultiChoice expands DTT distribution in Sub-Saharan Africa with Intelsat
Apr 9, 2014 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that African direct-to-home operator, MultiChoice, is leveraging Intelsat capacity to expand the reach of its digital terrestrial television (DTT) offering in Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Intelsat, MultiChoice, Nico Meyer, Grant Marais, Ghana, Infrastructure, Kenya, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Terrestrial, Uganda, Zambia
VisualOn powers TVB.COM's Android apps in Hong Kong
Mar 13, 2014 – VisualOn has announced TVB.COM as a customer. VisualOn powers TVB.COM's mobile apps, GOTV and myTV on the Android platform. TVB.COM can now provide its Hong Kong customers with video streaming on-the-go.
News categories: VisualOn, TVB.COM, Andy Lin, Kenneth Wong, Apps, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Media Player, TV Everywhere
18 million DVB-T2 STBs set to ship in 2015
Apr 24, 2013 – According to ABI Research, if remaining analogue television shutoff timelines go largely as planned, over 18 million DVB-T2 STBs will ship in 2015.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
ORS to use Neotion CAM and Irdeto Media Protection for DVB-T2 service in Austria
Apr 12, 2013 – Austrian Broadcasting Services (ORS) has selected Neotion as technical partner for the launch of its new nationwide terrestrial TV service, called simpliTV. The simpliTV bouquet is based on DVB-T2 standard and Irdeto Media Protection.
News categories: NEOTION, Irdeto, simpliTV, Austria, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Smart card / CAM, Terrestrial
Digital TV penetration accelerates in Sub-Saharan Africa
Jan 8, 2013 – About 35.3% of TV homes in Sub-Saharan Africa took digital signals by end-2012, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The Digital TV Sub-Saharan Africa report forecasts that digital TV penetration will rocket to 95.5% by 2018 - with household numbers quadrupling to 49.0 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Angola, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ghana, Kenya, Market Research, Nigeria, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
GOtv DVB-T2 DTT launches in Namibia
Jul 5, 2012 – GOtv, a product of MultiChoice Africa, has launched in Namibia. Using DVB-T2 technology, the service initially features 16 TV channels.
News categories: Multichoice, GOtv, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Namibia, Terrestrial
MultiChoice and Pace bring new digital TV options to Africa
Sep 7, 2011 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it has been selected by MultiChoice Africa to support MultiChoice's launch of its GOtv offering, which is bringing digital TV services to terrestrial subscribers in Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Pace plc, MultiChoice, GOtv, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Uganda, Zambia
- HD and VOD feed Latin America's pay TV growth
- Pace achieves Minerva certification for IPTV STBs
- FUTURECAST ATSC 3.0 physical layer tested in Wisconsin
- SoftAtHome integrates Z-Wave networking with Sigma Designs
- Express-AM6 DTH satellite put into orbit over Russia
- Broadcom reports third quarter 2014 results
- Broadpeak Quality of Experience agent integrated with Zenterio OS
- Time Warner Cable rolls-out new DVR in New York and LA
- 64% of U.S. broadband households have Internet-connected CE
- Actions Semi debuts SoC for tablets and OTT set-tops
- Broadcom introduces G.fast SoC for home gateways
- Demand for pay TV video encoders on the rise
- Verizon adds 114,000 video subscribers in 3Q 2014
- Huawei licenses Frog by Wyplay STB middleware
- Airtel and Samsung launch India's first IDTV
- Dominance of pay TV masks strong growth in VOD services
- UK's Freesat adds 8,000 TV homes in 3Q 2014
- Quantenna and SoftAtHome partner for wireless home networks
- Adobe report shows U.S. online TV consumption up 388 percent
- DIRECTV subscribers up 36% in Uruguay at end-1H 2014