Digital TV News: GS Nanotech
GS Group announces new SiP-based HD set-top box
Sep 3, 2015 – GS Group has released an HDTV compliant set-top box under the General Satellite brand – GS B212 - for the Russian market. At the heart of the GS B212 is a multichip microprocessor – the GS Nanotech SiP Amber S2.
News categories: GS Group, Tricolor TV, Andrew Bezrukov, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
GS Group launches STB based on custom processor
Dec 1, 2014 – Russia's GS Group has announced the launch of a new set-top box (STB) to support the upgrade of Tricolor TV customers to high definition (HD). The GS B211 is based on a System-in-Package IC, SiP Amber S2, developed by sister company GS Nanotech.
News categories: GS Group, GS Nanotech, Tricolor TV, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
27m to develop SiP-based STB for General Satellite
Oct 5, 2014 – 27m has been selected by GS Group as the design house to create the first set-top box, under the brand 'General Satellite', based on their custom made System-in-Package (SiP).
News categories: 27m Technologies, GS Group, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden
GS develops satellite+terrestrial STB for Tricolor TV
Sep 16, 2014 – GS Group has announced its General Satellite GS E212 set-top box. The box is able to receive both satellite and terrestrial signals and was developed for the largest Russian satellite operator, Tricolor TV.
News categories: General Satellite, Andrew Bezrukov, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform