Digital TV News: GTPL
TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
Jun 30, 2020 – According to TRAI, Pay DTH had an average active subscriber base of 69.98 million at 31st December 2019. At the same time there were 13 MSOs and 1 HITS operator with a subscriber base of more than one million.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 100,000 in 4Q 2019
Jan 10, 2020 – GTPL Hathway Limited (GTPL) has announced results for its third quarter and nine months ended on December 31, 2019. Digital CATV paying subscribers at period-end stood at 7.35 million, up by 100,000 in the quarter.
News categories: GTPL Hathway, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
Oct 15, 2019 – GTPL Hathway Limited (GTPL) has announced results for its second quarter and half year ended on September 30, 2019. Digital CATV paying subscribers at period-end stood at 7.25 million, up by 150,000 in the quarter.
News categories: GTPL Hathway, Anirudhsinhji Jadeja, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
7.1 million digital paying CATV subscribers for Hathway at end-2Q 2019
Jul 10, 2019 – GTPL Hathway has announced results for its FY20 first quarter. GTPL seeded 200,000 STBs during the quarter, taking total seeded STBs as on June 30, 2019 to 9.70 million. Digital paying subscribers as on June 30, 2019 stood at 7.1 million.
News categories: GTPL, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Results, Subscribers
GTPL Hathway adds 170,000 CATV digital subscribers in 4Q 2018
Feb 12, 2019 – GTPL Hathway Limited (GTPL) has announced results for its third quarter ended on December 31, 2018. GTPL seeded 300,000 set-top boxes (STBs) during the quarter, taking total seeded STBs to 9.50 million.
News categories: GTPL Hathway, Anirudhasinhji Jadeja, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Pay TV services market in India rapidly transforming
Jan 31, 2018 – The Pay TV services market in India has been rapidly transforming as a result of mandates such as digitization, GST, and demonetization. A social revolution in terms of content consumed, willingness to pay, rising trend of OTT video viewing, and demand for unconventional entertainment is shaping the mindset and outlook of the masses.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Aafia Bathool, Vidya S. Nath, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mobile
GTPL Hathway boosts channel count and OTT services with Harmonic
Jul 19, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that GTPL, India's leading digital cable TV distribution company has deployed a next-generation software-based unified video headend system from Harmonic.
News categories: Harmonic, Hathway, Tony Berthaud, Aniruddhsinh Jadeja, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, TV Everywhere
STMicroelectronics reports third quarter 2014 results
Oct 29, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has reported results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 27, 2014. ST's third quarter net revenues increased 1.2% on a sequential basis to $1.89 billion, down 6.3% on a year-over-year basis.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
India's GTPL chooses ST chipsets for cable STBs
Jul 29, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that its STi5197 SD and STiH273 HD cable chipsets have been picked by GTPL, a leading Indian Cable MSO (multi-system operator) with over 3 million digital subscribers.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, GTPL, Guru Prasad V, Vivek Sharma, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region