Digital TV News: Gaian Solutions
TV industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models at CES
Jan 7, 2020 – The first U.S. consumer television receivers equipped with NEXTGEN TV capabilities are coming to retail stores later this year, with the announcements at CES 2020 of the biggest names in the industry launching 20 ATSC 3.0-enabled TV models.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3.0, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV powered by ATSC 3.0 takes center stage at CES 2020
Jan 3, 2020 – NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0, will be one of the key technologies highlighted at CES. The first U.S. consumer receivers with integrated NEXTGEN TV are expected to be announced, highlighting the key consumer benefits of the system.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, ATSC 3.0, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
WKAR at MSU launches NextGen TV accelerator with Gaian Solutions
Dec 30, 2019 – WKAR Public Media at MSU and Gaian Solutions have launched Apollo PublicTV Platform, a NextGen TV accelerator platform for public broadcasters. As well as services for broadcasters, the platform includes a certification program for technology providers.
News categories: WKAR Public Media, Gaian Solutions, Michigan State University, APTS, Susi Elkins, Chandra Kotaru, Prabu David, Patrick Butler, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, USA
Gaian Solutions, Sinclair and ONE Media 3.0 to develop ATSC 3.0 services platform
Apr 6, 2018 – Gaian Solutions, Sinclair (Nasdaq: SBGI) and its subsidiary ONE Media 3.0 are to work together to create a Next Generation Broadcast Platform (NGBP) to support Sinclair's ATSC 3.0 vision and plan to deploy a proof of concept before the end of the year.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Gaian Solutions, Mark Aitken, Chandra Kotaru, Advertising, Apps, ATSC 3.0, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0