Digital TV News: GatesAir
GatesAir provides turnkey DVB-T2 system for Abuja
Jan 4, 2017 – GatesAir, along with Nigerian channel partner Pinnacle Communications, has announced the build-out and launch of a turnkey DVB-T2 transmission system serving the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, Nigeria’s capital city.
News categories: GatesAir, Phil Argyris, Dipo Onifade, Sir Lucky Omoluwa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Nigeria, Terrestrial
First live ATSC 3.0 broadcast of a major professional sporting event
Oct 26, 2016 – A local TV station in Cleveland is ushering in the era of Next Gen TV broadcasting with the first live ATSC 3.0 broadcast of a major professional sporting event – Major League Baseball’s World Series.
News categories: Advanced Television Systems Committee, Tribune Broadcasting, NAB, Richard Friedel, Bill VanDuynhoven, Sam Matheny, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Implementation and Planning Guide for Transition to ATSC 3.0 released
Oct 12, 2016 – Station groups representing nearly 400 U.S. TV broadcasters and a host of broadcasting equipment and service suppliers are releasing a comprehensive planning guide for a transition to ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, GatesAir, American Tower, Anne Schelle, Rich Redmond, Peter Starke, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
GatesAir announces TV transmitter deals in Vietnam
Sep 26, 2016 – GatesAir has announced three wins in Vietnam. National broadcaster Vietnam Television (VTV) recently placed two orders for transmitter network expansions. The second project is specific to VTV5, a specialty channel serving ethnic minority communities.
News categories: GatesAir, VTV, Darren Frearson, Luong Ngoc Thanh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, Vietnam
GatesAir completes second phase of DVB-T2 network in Kuwait
Aug 24, 2016 – GatesAir has completed the second phase of a three-phase national DVB-T2 digital TV network rollout across Kuwait. Now covering approximately 80 percent of the country, the transition to DVB-T2 will provide richer, higher quality programming and media services.
News categories: GatesAir, Kuwait Television, Darren Frearson, Meshal Al-Meqled, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Kuwait, Terrestrial
ONE Media and TeamCast trial ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
Mar 22, 2016 – Experimental facilities covering the Washington D.C. and Baltimore, MD markets have began broadcasting using the first-ever ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network (SFN). ONE Media and TeamCast jointly developed, built and deployed the experimental SFN.
News categories: ONE Media, TeamCast, Kevin Gage, Eric Pinson, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
GatesAir wins DTT transition project in Ethiopia
Mar 8, 2016 – GatesAir has been awarded a contract for Ethiopia’s national digital TV (DTV) network. GatesAir will design, supply, install, test and commission a DVB-T2 over-the-air network solution for 26 new transmission sites, and upgrade systems at 74 existing facilities.
News categories: GatesAir, Phil Argyris, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Ethiopia, Terrestrial
Live ATSC 3.0 broadcast at CES2016 delivers 4K UHD HDR to LG OLED 4K TVs
Jan 6, 2016 – With its first live over-the-air broadcast of 4K Ultra HD TV with high dynamic range (HDR) using the new ATSC 3.0 Candidate Standard, LG Electronics (LG) is ushering in the era of next-generation television broadcasting at CES 2016.
News categories: LG Electronics, Dr. Skott Ahn, ATSC, CES, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
SBS, LG conduct first ATSC 3.0 test transmission in Korea
Sep 21, 2015 – Korean broadcaster SBS has partnered with LG Electronics for the first live over-the-air broadcast of 4K Ultra HD signals using technologies behind the emerging ATSC 3.0 next-generation television broadcast standard.
News categories: LG Electronics, SBS, Dr. Skott Ahn, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
- Expert System adds MovieLabs Creative Works Ontology support
- Megacable adds 21k video subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Virtual Assistant shipments to exceed 2.3 billion in 2023
- CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
- Global semiconductor revenue forecast to decline 9.6% in 2019
- iflix secures new round of funding
- Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
- Peach advertising delivery platform launched
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- Altice France unveils SFR Box 8
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience