Digital TV News: Gemalto
Trustonic Trust and Security for Connected Devices launched
Dec 18, 2012 – Trustonic, a company formed by ARM, Gemalto and Giesecke & Devrient (G&D), has launched as a new standard security provider to address the increasing need for trust built into smart connected devices.
News categories: Trustonic, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Silicon IP, Smartphone, Tablet
ARM, Gemalto and G&D Form Connected Device Security JV
Apr 3, 2012 – ARM (LSE: ARM; Nasdaq: ARMH), Gemalto (Paris: GTO) and Giesecke & Devrient have announced the creation of a joint venture dedicated to delivering a secure, accessible environment for advanced services running on the growing range of connected devices.
News categories: ARM, Gemalto, G&D, Content Protection, Games Console, Mobile, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Gemalto Achieves Major Step in Advancing the Take-Off of Mobile TV
Feb 16, 2009 – Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO) has announced that its UpTeq™ mobile TV SIM card is the first to earn certification that meets the SIMalliance Security Guidelines. These guidelines apply to OMA BCAST Smart Card Profile mobile TV products.
News categories: Gemalto, CAM, Conditional Access, Mobile, MWC20
NDS Partners with Alcatel-Lucent to Protect and Power MediaCorp, MobileOne (M1), SingTel and StarHub Mobile TV Trial
Oct 13, 2008 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it is providing the core conditional access (CA) infrastructure for the world's first commercial trial of the new OMA BCAST SCP standard, an emerging key standard for mobile TV content protection, in Singapore.
News categories: NDS, Alcatel-Lucent, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore
Gemalto Combines SIM Card and DVD to Facilitate Mobile Internet Use for WIND Subscribers in Italy
Sep 11, 2008 – Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO) has announced that it is providing Italian mobile operator WIND with Smart Video Card, a technological breakthrough that embeds a DVD-compliant optical disc into the card body of a regular SIM card.
News categories: Gemalto, WIND, CAM, Digital TV, DVD, IBC2020, Italy, Mobile
Gemalto Powers World's First SIM-Based Mobile TV Trial in Singapore with Media Corp, MobileOne, SingTel and StarHub
Sep 9, 2008 – Gemalto (Euronext NL 0000400653 GTO) has announced that the world's first OMA Smart Card Profile compliant mobile TV trial in Singapore is to be enabled by Gemalto's UpTeq™ mobile TV Subscriber Identity Module and viewership measurement service.
News categories: Gemalto, CAM, Content Protection, IBC2020, Mobile, Singapore
Alcatel-Lucent supports launch of world's first commercial trial of mobile TV service based on the Open Mobile Alliance's BCAST Smartcard Profile
Aug 20, 2008 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced its support for the world's first commercial trial of the Open Mobile Alliance (OMA)'s new BCAST Smartcard Profile by MobileOne (M1) and MediaCorp in Singapore.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, MobileOne, MediaCorp, CAM, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Singapore
MediaCorp spearheads mobile TV trial with M1, StarHub and SingTel
Jul 25, 2008 – Singapore's three telecommunications service providers M1, SingTel and StarHub, together with the national broadcaster MediaCorp, will jointly conduct a consumer mobile TV trial using DVB-H technology next month.
News categories: MediaCorp, M1 Limited, SingTel, StarHub, Digital TV, Mobile, Singapore
[email protected] and MTN Select Irdeto to Secure Mobile Broadcast TV Services in the Ivory Coast
Feb 11, 2008 – Irdeto, a subsidiary of multinational media group Naspers (JSE: NPN), has announced a deal to secure mobile broadcast TV services across the MTN Côte d'Ivoire network in the West African nation.
News categories: Irdeto, [email protected], MTN Côte d'Ivoire, CAM, Conditional Access, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC20
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs