Digital TV News: General Satellite
iWedia set-top box solution enters mass production with General Satellite
Jul 25, 2012 – iWedia has announced that one of its set-top box (STB) solutions has been adopted by General Satellite for its GS-8305 decoder which is to be deployed on the network of Tricolor TV, the largest satellite television operator in Russia.
News categories: iWedia, General Satellite, Tricolor TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Russia, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
'One TV' DTT soft launches in Cambodia
Jul 25, 2012 – General Satellite and the Royal Group of Companies have announced the launch of a Pay Digital Terrestrial TV Platform for Cambodia. The 'One TV' service will have 60 channels in Khmer, English, Russian, Chinese, Vietnamese and other languages.
News categories: General Satellite, Royal Group, One TV, Cambodia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Russia's STB market to be flat at 2.5 million units in 2012
Dec 5, 2011 – According to a report from J'son & Partners commissioned by the European Audiovisual Observatory, the number of set-top boxes shipped this year in Russia will be 2.5 million, with no growth expected in 2012.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
General Satellite Signs Memorandum of Understanding with Partner from Sri Lanka
Oct 7, 2011 – General Satellite and Sky Television & Radio Network have signed the Memorandum of Understanding to create a Joint Project in Sri Lanka. The Project is to become the largest Pay TV operator in the country, available across the whole island.
News categories: General Satellite, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
Lybid TV satellite test broadcasting begins in Ukraine
Sep 5, 2011 – Test broadcasting of the DTH satellite service 'Lybid TV' in the Ukraine has begun on EUTELSAT W7A. General Satellite is the technology partner for the project. Commercial broadcasting is to start in late 2011.
News categories: General Satellite, Satellite, Set Top Box, Ukraine
RC Module demonstrates HD set-top box decoder IC
Mar 14, 2011 – Russia's RC Module has shown its new ARM11-based HD set-top box decoder IC at Si-Forum 2011 in Gusev, Kaliningrad. The demonstration was developed in cooperation with set-top box maker General Satellite.
News categories: RC Module, General Satellite, Digital TV, ICs, Russia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Platforma HD, Russia's New HDTV Platform Selects Eutelsat's EUROBIRD™ 9 Satellite
Sep 8, 2008 – Platforma HD, the new Russian all-HDTV platform has selected the EUROBIRD™ 9 satellite operated by Eutelsat Communications (Euronext Paris: ETL) to deliver new HD content across western parts of Russia to the Urals.
News categories: Eutelsat, Platforma HD, Digiraum, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
New landmark for Russian DTH
Jun 2, 2008 – The Russian DTH platform Tricolor TV has announced that it ended last month with 2 million registered viewers.
News categories: Tricolor TV, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
General Satellite invests €6M in Neotion
Dec 6, 2007 – Neotion has announced the completion of a capital increase of €6 million as a result of an investment by General Satellite Corporation (GSC), a company specializing in the manufacture of digital tv receivers.
News categories: Neotion, General Satellite, Digital TV, Finance, France, Set Top Box
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding