Digital TV News: Genesis Microchip
STMicroelectronics Unveils System-on-Chip for Broadband-Internet Integrated Digital TVs
Dec 16, 2009 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced the launch of a new generation of high-performance, full high-definition (FHD) H.264/MPEG System-on-Chip (SoC) ICs for the worldwide flat-panel digital TV (DTV) market.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, CES, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV
STMicroelectronics at CEATEC JAPAN 2008
Sep 25, 2008 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) will showcase its latest products and technologies for applications across a wide variety of markets, including home appliances, automotive, industrial, computer, healthcare and wireless, at CEATEC JAPAN 2008.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Worldwide TV IC Market Grew 21% Y/Y in Q2'08; Mediatek Remains the Market Leader
Sep 11, 2008 – The worldwide market for TV ICs was 29.8 million units in Q2'08, 21% higher than Q2'07. Shipments were up 7.8% compared to Q1'08, as TV set makers built in line with seasonality and rapid flat panel TV sales growth in the US and Eastern Europe.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
STMicroelectronics Completes Acquisition of Genesis Microchip
Jan 25, 2008 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has announced that it has performed all necessary steps to complete its acquisition of Genesis Microchip Inc. and has therefore concluded the acquisition.
News categories: Genesis Microchip, STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, MnA, Semiconductor, Smart TV
STMicroelectronics Reports 2007 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Revenues and Earnings
Jan 22, 2008 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) reported financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2007. Net revenues for the fourth quarter increased 6.9% sequentially to $2.74 billion from the $2.57 billion reported in the prior quarter.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Full Release, Digital TV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
LG Electronics Designs Genesis Microchip's 'Douglas' SoC into New Digital TV Platforms
Jan 8, 2008 – Genesis® Microchip (Nasdaq:GNSS) has announced that it has begun volume shipments to LG Electronics of its Douglas Digital TV controller to power LG's new LCD and Plasma Digital TV platforms.
News categories: Genesis Microchip, LG Electronics, CES, Digital TV, Europe, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Genesis Microchip Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2008 Financial Results
Nov 1, 2007 – Genesis Microchip (Nasdaq:GNSS) has announced its financial results for the second quarter of its fiscal year 2008, which ended September 30, 2007.
News categories: Genesis Microchip, Earnings Release, ATSC, Digital TV, Results, Semiconductor, Smart TV
DisplaySearch Reports Q2'07 TV IC Shipments Rose 12% Q/Q and 51% Y/Y
Sep 26, 2007 – According to DisplaySearch, Q2'07 video processor, MPEG video processor and de-interlacer/scalar unit shipment growth was 12% Q/Q and 51% on a Y/Y basis. Overall revenues declined 3% Q/Q due to ASP margin declines in the quarter that were faster than unit shipment growth but showed a 8% Y/Y increase.
News categories: DisplaySearch, NPD Group, ATSC, Digital TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Genesis Microchip Launches "Douglas", Third Generation DTV System-on-a-Chip Family With New Faroudja Video Processing Technologies
Sep 25, 2007 – Genesis® Microchip (Nasdaq:GNSS) has announced the launch of 'Douglas,' its third generation HDTV system-on-a-chip family which will be demonstrated at the 2007 International CEATEC tradeshow in Chiba, Japan
News categories: Genesis Microchip, ATSC, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019