Digital TV News: Geniatech
MaxLinear and Geniatech target live TV on mobile devices
Apr 11, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that Geniatech has selected its MxL692 ATSC receiver to bring live digital television to Android mobile devices. The MxL692 is the industry’s first single-channel integrated ATSC receiver IC.
News categories: MaxLinear, Geniatech, Will Torgerson, Mr. Fang, ATSC, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Semiconductor, Tablet, USA
Geniatech and MaxLinear show ATSC TV home distribution system at CES2018
Jan 8, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that it will join with Geniatech at CES to showcase NetAerial, the first integrated live TV distribution system for the home network. The NetAerial unit combines a TV antenna, two ATSC TV tuners and a G.hn powerline network adapter.
News categories: MaxLinear, Geniatech, Will Torgerson, Mr. Fang, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Terrestrial, USA
ViXS partners with Geniatech on OEM-ready dual tuner OTA streamer
Jan 5, 2017 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has partnered with Geniatech on a white label OEM ready Over-the-Air (OTA) dual tuner streaming product, CordCutter TV Dual to be demonstrated at CES 2017.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Geniatech, Anselmo Pilla, Mr. Fang, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, Mobile, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, USA
Broadpeak nanoCDN integrated with Geniatech Android STBs
Apr 9, 2015 – Broadpeak has announced that its nanoCDN technology has been integrated with the ATV1800 Android TV box from Geniatech, providing operators with a way to deliver OTT video using only a few megabits per second of their network.
News categories: Broadpeak, Geniatech, Jacques Le Mancq, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
Siano and LIFIA Team Up to Support Mobile DTV Project in Argentina
Feb 29, 2012 – Siano and LIFIA-UNLP, an IT R&D research group out of Argentina's La Plata University, have announced a combined 'Ginga' DTV solution for Windows and Linux PC applications in mobile devices.
News categories: Siano, LIFIA, Argentina, Middleware, MWC19, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019