Digital TV News: Global Digital Broadcast
GDBTV Brings 48 Channels to NETGEAR Digital Entertainer Live Set-top Box
Dec 11, 2009 – Global Digital Broadcast (GDBTV), in partnership with Verismo Networks' VuNow service, now includes its selection of channels on the NETGEAR (NASDAQGM: NTGR) Digital Entertainer Live (EVA2000) set-top box (STB).
News categories: GDBTV, NETGEAR, Verismo Networks, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
IPTV Finds Its Place With Philips Electronics And GDBTV
Sep 22, 2009 – Philips (AEX: PHI; NYSE: PHG) has joined forces with Global Digital Broadcast (GDBTV) to launch the first television set with a fully-integrated IPTV service.
News categories: GDBTV, Philips, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK
Ready To Play With Global Digital Broadcast's UK IPTV Service
Jul 7, 2008 – The long awaited channel line up for the UK's first open, consumer, IPTV service, PlayTV UK, is now being released. Powered by the Global Digital Broadcast (GDBTV) network, PlayTV UK offers free to view channels and a number of pay packages.
News categories: Global Digital Broadcast, PlayTV UK, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
No New Wires Required For VeHDa/PlayTV Set-Top Box Roll Out
Aug 21, 2007 – UK-based, high-definition specialist, VeHDa, is utilising the HomePlug®-based integrated circuits (ICs) from Intellon Corporation to compliment its PlayTV-partnered 500,000 IP set-top box roll out.
News categories: Global Digital Broadcast, Play TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
IPTV heats up with a bumper 70,000 set-top box order
Jun 8, 2007 – UK IPTV specialist, Global Digital Broadcast, turns up the heat in the IP set-top box market, with an additional sale order of 70,000 units of the GDB audio visual entertainment centre (AVEC). More …
News categories: Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs