Digital TV News: GlobalData
Pay TV penetration in the Americas to drop to 48.8% in 2023
Sep 4, 2019 – Pay-TV household penetration in the Americas is expected to decline from 53.2% in 2018 to 48.8% in 2023 due to ongoing cord-cutting trends in North America, according to GlobalData. In 2018, the global average stood at 55.3%.
News categories: GlobalData, Eulalia Marín-Sorribes, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, North America
DTH and IPTV subscriptions to drive pay TV growth in Malaysia
Aug 30, 2019 – Supported by rising adoption of mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV services, the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Malaysia is poised to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2% between 2018 and 2023, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research
Pay-TV penetration in APAC set to decline marginally through 2023
Jul 29, 2019 – Cord-cutting in developed APAC is set to offset gains in DTH and IPTV in emerging APAC (South and Southeast Asia) and as a result, the overall region is forecast to witness a marginal decline in pay-TV household penetration from 67.4% in 2018 to 67.0% by the end of 2023, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Malcolm Rogers, Australia, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Korea, Philippines, Subscribers, Thailand
Western European telcos are winning the European 5G race
Jun 10, 2019 – In Europe, Western countries are leading 5G development, with Denmark, Portugal and Switerland’s 5G adoption set to take a 23.2%, 16.2% and 16.2% share respectively of total mobile subscription in their markets by 2023, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Jonathan Bachrach, 5G, Denmark, Finland, Market Research, Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland
Pay-TV penetration in Africa and the Middle East to grow rapidly
Sep 26, 2018 – Africa and the Middle East (AME) pay-TV household penetration is expected to outpace all other major regions between 2017 and 2022, increasing from 16% in 2017 to 23.2% in 2022, according to GlobalData. The AME pay-TV market is relatively underdeveloped but is growing rapidly.
News categories: GlobalData, Jonathan Bachrach, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East
- Chunghwa Telecom selects Telestream for QoE & 4K media processing
- Roku and Innovid partner on TV campaign analytics
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Mediaocean and ProVantageX integrate tools for local TV buying & selling
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One