Digital TV News: Globecast
Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
Oct 16, 2019 – Globecast has announced that it has been selected by Orby TV to provide turnkey broadcast media operational services. Launched throughout the lower 48 United States in spring 2019, Orby TV is a pay-as-you-go satellite TV service.
News categories: Globecast, Orby TV, Eddie Ferraro, Michael Thornton, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Globecast partners with AIP for server-side dynamic ad insertion
Sep 9, 2019 – Globecast has announced that it is continuing to expand its TV Everywhere OTT video platform via the integration of additional server-side dynamic ad insertion (SSDAI) capabilities, partnering with Ad Insertion Platform (AIP) in Europe.
News categories: Globecast, Ad Insertion Platform, Frédéric Torasso, Laurent Potesta, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe
Globecast launches HOTBIRD platform with DW HD as first customer
Aug 27, 2019 – Globecast has announced a new HOTBIRD platform to satisfy growing demand generated by the move from SD to HD. Deutsche Welle (DW) is the first customer to take advantage, launching its English language HD channel via the service.
News categories: Globecast, Eutelsat, Deutsche Welle, Samuel Lemercier, Aymeric Genty, Hubert Czaja, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Middle-East, Satellite
Globecast partners with SnifferCat for OTT dynamic ad insertion
Mar 25, 2019 – Globecast has announced a partnership with SnifferCat to add dynamic ad insertion (DAI) to its offering. SnifferCat's DAI automates the process of preparing unmarked content for distribution and monetization across multiple OTT platforms.
News categories: Globecast, SnifferCat, Eddie Ferraro, Tom Link, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA
Globecast selects Mediaproxy broadcast compliance and monitoring software
Nov 16, 2017 – Mediaproxy has announced that Globecast has chosen its LogServer software solution for its London and Singapore facilities. Globecast helps customers to manage their content and make it available wherever required, by anyone required.
News categories: Mediaproxy, Globecast, Polar Graphics, Mark Horchler, Sylvain Merle, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
Globecast and Harmonic show first UHD-HDR OTT Platform-as-a-Service at NABShow
Apr 24, 2017 – Globecast and Harmonic have partnered to demonstrate the first ultra-high-definition (UHD) high dynamic range (HDR) OTT managed platform as a service (PaaS) for delivery of linear content over the internet to connected TVs.
News categories: Globecast, Harmonic, VIVE Lifestyle Network, Eddie Ferraro, Thierry Fautier, John Jacaman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Media entrepreneurs acquire NETIA from Globecast
Jan 11, 2017 – NETIA has announced that its sole shareholder Globecast (part of the Orange group) has sold all its shares in the company to two French media entrepreneurs, Anthony Savelli and Vincent Benveniste.
News categories: NETIA, Radio Act, Thierry Gandilhon, Anthony Savelli, Vincent Benveniste, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
EUTELSAT 9B on track for 28 January launch
Jan 15, 2016 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announces that the EUTELSAT 9B satellite is on track for launch by an ILS Proton rocket on 28 January. EUTELSAT 9B is a high-capacity Ku-band satellite for the 9° East position that sits at the crossroads of Europe’s leading video neighbourhoods.
News categories: Eutelsat, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Globecast adds satellite platform on AMC-11
Dec 14, 2015 – Globecast has announced that it has launched a satellite platform on the AMC-11 satellite. As a result, prospective and current clients can benefit from the most powerful orbital position in the US for distribution to cable headends.
News categories: Globecast, SES S.A, Eddie Ferraro, Steve Bunke, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, North America, Satellite
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019