Digital TV News: Globecast
Arabsat TV launches OTT service with Globecast
Apr 28, 2015 – Globecast and Arabsat have announced the launch of Arabsat TV Everywhere, a multiscreen OTT TV service with live streams of Arabic channels. Arabsat TV Everywhere is available to watch free from almost anywhere in the world.
News categories: Globecast, Arabsat, Giorgio Giacomini, Khalid Balkheyour, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Video Exchange, Worldwide
1.2 million paying HD+ households in Germany at end-June 2013
Jul 26, 2013 – SES S.A. (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has reported results for the six months ended 30 June 2013. In Germany, the HD+ platform continued to develop well, with 2.7 million active households at the end of June 2013, of which 1.2 million are paying households.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Germany, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA
Jun 11, 2013 – GlobeCast and SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) have announced that they are providing services to Orange Romania for the launch of a satellite Direct-to-Home TV package this month. The package on ASTRA at 31.5°E will be broadcast using the DVB-S2 and MPEG4 technical standards.
News categories: SES S.A, GlobeCast, Orange, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Romania, Satellite
GlobeCast to Launch Australasia's First MPEG-4 Service on Optus D2
Oct 24, 2012 – GlobeCast Australia has announced an upgrade that will allow the company to deliver its customers the first MPEG-4 services on the Optus D2 DTH satellite platform. GlobeCast will commence its new MPEG-4 service with its channel partner RTS SAT.
News categories: GlobeCast, RTS SAT, Australia, New Zealand, Satellite
GlobeCast and FRANCE 24 Expand HbbTV Trial
Sep 20, 2012 – GlobeCast and FRANCE 24 have announced that they will expand their exploratory Hybrid Broadband Broadcast Television (HbbTV) service to the Middle East in fall 2012 with the support of Orange and Arabsat.
News categories: GlobeCast, FRANCE 24, Orange, Arabsat, Content Distribution, HbbTV, Middle-East, Satellite
httv to launch 'HbbTV Starter Kit' at IBC
Aug 28, 2012 – At this year's IBC, httv will release the first commercial version of its 'HbbTV Starter Kit', a lightweight play-out product for HbbTV services prototyping, validation and demo. This new product completes the httv's HbbTV product range.
News categories: httv, HbbTV, IBC2019, Middleware
GlobeCast Launches MyGlobeTV, an OTT Platform for International Content
Apr 18, 2012 – GlobeCast has announced the launch of MyGlobeTV -- a new over-the-top (OTT) platform for international broadcasters in the Americas. MyGlobeTV is a B-2-C television bouquet that brings international and genre-based audiovisual content directly to subscribers.
News categories: GlobeCast, Netgem, Digital TV, DVR, NABShow, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
4EVER Consortium to advance Ultra-HDTV technologies
Apr 12, 2012 – ATEME has announced the launch of a French research program to reduce the bandwidth required for the delivery of Ultra High Definition Television using High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC - MPEG-H Part 2).
News categories: 4EVER, ATEME, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France
Intelsat New Dawn MCPC Media Platform Debuts in Africa
Feb 29, 2012 – Intelsat and GlobeCast have announced the launch of the Intelsat Ku-band MCPC platform for Africa. The platform provides a solution for programmers wishing to expand their distribution to cable and DTH services across sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Intelsat, GlobeCast, Africa, Content Distribution, Satellite
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019