Digital TV News: Globosat
Globosat chooses Harmonic for live UHD football broadcasting
Jul 12, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Globosat, Latin America's largest content and program creator, has selected Harmonic's Ultra HD (UHD) contribution solution for broadcast of the world's largest football tournament, being held in Russia.
News categories: Harmonic, Globosat, Alvaro Martin, Roberto Primo, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV
Elemental powers IP content delivery for NET in Brazil
Aug 18, 2016 – Elemental has announced that it is providing live video encoding and packaging solutions to NET in Brazil. The platform allows NET to deliver 40 IP-based channels to multiscreen devices, and to hybrid STBs alongside HD channels broadcast using DVB technology.
News categories: Elemental, NET, Dan Marshall, Marcio Carvalho, Brazil, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile
Brazil's Oi to add TV Everywhere to quad-play service
Aug 11, 2015 – According to NexTVLatam, Oi, the largest telecommunications company in Brazil, has announced plans to add a TV Everywhere service to its Oi Play platform. Oi Play is a quad play service combining broadband, mobile and telephony with DTH satellite TV.
News categories: Oi S.A, Brazil, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, TV Everywhere
Global pay TV market to generate $280.4 billion in 2014
Jul 21, 2014 – The worldwide pay-TV market continues to grow in Q1 2014. According to ABI Research’s Market Data, the total pay-TV subscriber base is expected to surpass 936.4 million at the end of 2014, generating $280.4 billion in service revenue.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Broadcom enables Ultra HD broadcast of 2014 World Cup games
Jun 12, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that it has enabled live Ultra HD satellite broadcast of the 2014 World Cup in collaboration with Globosat and Elemental.
News categories: Broadcom, Globosat, Elemental, Rich Nelson, Roberto Primo, Keith Wymbs, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform