Digital TV News: Google Inc
Explosive growth for smart speakers continues
Feb 27, 2018 – The smart speaker market took a giant step towards mainstream acceptance in Q4 2017 as aggressive discounting tactics and a wider choice of models, price points and country availability resulted in millions of first time buyers, according to Strategy Analytics.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Smart TV market to reach $292.55 billion by 2025
Oct 30, 2017 – The smart TV market is expected to reach USD 292.55 billion by 2025, according to Grand View Research. The introduction of 4K resolution-equipped televisions, coupled with the shifting preference toward OLED and QLED displays, is expected to emerge as a major trend.
News categories: Grand View Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Global OTT revenues to grow at 14.5% pa from 2016 to 2026
Nov 18, 2016 – According to a report from Future Market Insights, the global OTT content market was valued at US$ 47.7 Bn in 2015 and is expected to reach a market valuation of US$ 53.2 Bn by the end of 2016.
News categories: Future Market Insights, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
4K STB market to be worth $3.65 billion by 2024
Apr 25, 2016 – The global 4K Set Top Box (STB) market size is expected to reach USD 3.65 billion by 2024, according to Grand View Research. IPTV UHD STBs are anticipated to witness significant growth over the next eight years.
News categories: Grand View Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
VESTEL adopts Android TV for UHD TVs and set-top boxes
Jun 9, 2015 – VESTEL (VESTL:Istanbul) has announced the adoption of the Android TV platform for its UHD TVs and Set Top Boxes. The TV and Set Top Box platforms powered by Android TV combine user friendly TV middleware with the Android ecosystem while delivering excellent 4K/UHD picture performance.
News categories: VESTEL, Turan Erdogan, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Samsung HomeSync brings features of Galaxy devices to the TV
Oct 3, 2013 – Samsung Mobile has announced that Samsung HomeSync™, a household Android™ media center for storing, synchronizing and streaming content across multiple devices, will be available in the US beginning October 6.
News categories: Samsung, Nanda Ramachandran, Travis Merrill, Home Server, Mobile, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Google and MPEG LA Announce Agreement Covering VP8 Video Format
Mar 7, 2013 – Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) and MPEG LA have announced that they have entered into agreements granting Google a license to techniques that may be essential to VP8 and earlier-generation VPx video compression technologies under patents owned by 11 patent holders.
News categories: MPEG LA, Licensing, Media Player, Patent
ARRIS to acquire Motorola Home business from Google
Dec 19, 2012 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) and Google (NASDAQ: GOOG) have announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which ARRIS will acquire the Motorola Home business from Motorola Mobility for $2.35 billion in a cash-and-stock transaction.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Google, Digital TV, MnA, Set Top Box
Global Market for Mobile Video Services to Reach US$30 Billion by 2017
Nov 10, 2011 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a global report on the Mobile Video Services market. The market for mobile video services is projected to reach US$30 billion by 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months