Digital TV News: Google Nest
Tubi now available on Xbox Series X|S
Nov 12, 2020 – Tubi is now available on the just launched Xbox Series X|S. Xbox users can enjoy Tubi's library of over 26,000 movies and TV shows. In addition, Tubi will soon offer Xbox users more than 25 live streaming channels.
News categories: Tubi, Andrea Clarke-Hall, Digital TV, Gaming, North America, OTT, Worldwide
Tubi available on Playstation 5 at launch
Nov 9, 2020 – Tubi has been named a launch partner for the PlayStation 5. Viewers will have access to Tubi’s library of movies and TV series via direct integration in the PS5 search interface, and a Tubi featured row that will be available on the video home screen.
News categories: Tubi, Playstation, Andrea Clarke-Hall, Apps, Digital TV, Gaming, OTT, USA
Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
Feb 11, 2020 – Tubi has announced record growth for 2019. In December alone, the company saw its Monthly Active Users (MAU) grow to 25 million and Total View Time (TVT) rocket to over 163 million hours watched – a year-over-year TVT increase of 160%.
News categories: Tubi, Farhad Massoudi, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA
Canada's Media Technology Monitor reports on SVOD, podcasting, co-viewing and more
Feb 6, 2020 – The Media Technology Monitor (MTM) has released its Sneak Peek Report. According to the survey, 1 in 6 Canadians show interest in subscribing to Disney+ and 1 in 10 show interest in getting Apple TV+. Netflix continues its domination.
News categories: Media Technology Monitor, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
DISH introduces Google Nest Hello to the Hopper platform
Dec 20, 2019 – DISH has announced that its Hopper and Wally receivers now support the Google Nest Hello Video doorbell. When the doorbell rings, Nest Hello sends on-screen notifications directly to the television.
News categories: DISH Network, Google Nest, Rob Sadler, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Voice Assistants used to control Smart Homes to grow by 769%
Jul 29, 2019 – According to Juniper Research, the number of voice assistants used to access smart home devices will reach 555 million by 2024; up from 105 million in 2019. By 2024, Juniper Research expects more than 90% of voice assistants to be used to control smart home devices.
News categories: Juniper Research, China, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration
- 36 million vehicles to ship with Android infotainment systems in 2030
- Medianet optimizes video delivery with Harmonic
- Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free