Digital TV News: Google TV
TCC chooses 3SS for Android TV+multiscreen service in Uruguay
Nov 1, 2019 – 3SS has been chosen by TCC to help develop a new TV service to launch in 2020. The service will be powered by 3READY Android TV + Multiscreen, 3SS’ front end and UI framework featuring an Android TV Custom Launcher STB.
News categories: 3SS, TCC, Kai-Christian Borchers, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, Uruguay, UX
iWedia provides software for True OTT service in Thailand
Sep 13, 2019 – iWedia has announced that it has been providing STB software products, application development and integration services to one of the biggest Thai operators, True, for the launch of its True ID TV OTT service.
News categories: iWedia, True Corp, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, Thailand, UX
iWedia provides STB software and integration services to NTT DOCOMO
Sep 17, 2018 – iWedia has announced that it has been providing STB software products and integration services to NTT DOCOMO for the launch of its brand 'Hikari TV for docomo' service. 'Hikari TV for docomo' gives access to a wide choice of linear HD and UHD TV channels.
News categories: iWedia, NTT DOCOMO, Sunghoon Kim, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Japan, Middleware, Set Top Box
Eurofins to provide testing and validation for Com Hem's Android TV STB
Jun 12, 2018 – At ANGA COM 2018, Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it has been selected by Com Hem to provide automated testing and service validation for Com Hem's Tv Hub. Tv Hub is an Android TV Ultra HD/4K Hybrid STB.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Com Hem, Johan Craeybeckx, Thomas Helbo, Android TV, ANGA COM, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Sweden
Com Hem deploys hybrid Android TV STB based on 3READY Operator Tier
Apr 13, 2018 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Com Hem has selected the 3SS 3READY Android TV Client with custom launcher to power its new Android TV UHD-4K Hybrid STB, the Com Hem Tv Hub
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Com Hem, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thomas Helbo, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
OBS integrates DTVKit with Android
Mar 8, 2018 – OBS has announced that it has integrated DTVKit into Android using the TV Input Framework (TIF). This enables OEMs to provide access to broadcast DVB services on their Android powered devices. The DTVKit Android integration software is available to DTVKit members.
News categories: OBS, DTVKit, Paul Martin, Phil Evans, Android TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ADB brings Android TV into the pay TV operator arena
Sep 28, 2017 – ADB has announced that Android TV is now part of its graphyne2 family. From now on, pay TV operators, can also provide access to Google TV services like YouTube, Chromecast and Google Play Store, whilst keeping all the benefits of ADB's graphyne2 suite.
News categories: ADB, Jacek Galik, Frank Kessaratos, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, UX, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics begins Ultra-HDp60 STB chip shipments
Jan 7, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has begun delivering to lead customers its latest Ultra-HDp60 quad-core system-on-chip ICs (STiH314/318 and STiH414/418), part of its Cannes/ Monaco family. Several OEMs have already selected the SoCs for next-generation Ultra-HD products.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Philippe Notton, Android TV, CES, Digital TV, ICs, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics introduces UltraHD and HEVC set-top box chips
Sep 12, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has introduced two set-top box System-on-Chip (SoC) families, codenamed 'Cannes' and 'Monaco', that include devices with UltraHD resolution (2160p) and HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) video-decoding support.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gian Luca Bertino, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- FPT Play selects ATEME for OTT headend in Vietnam
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs to get Chromecast built-in update with Disney+ support
- Edgeware and ENENSYS form alliance
- US telecom and pay-TV service revenue to rise to $419.4bn by 2024
- Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
- Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
- Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
- iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0