Digital TV News: Google
Disney Movies Anywhere adds Fios by Verizon to its digital footprint
Aug 23, 2016 – Disney Movies Anywhere has announced that Fios by Verizon customers in the U.S. can connect their digital movie collections across the Disney Movies Anywhere ecosystem and watch them from the living room or a wide array of mobile devices.
News categories: Disney, Verizon, Dan Cohen, Tricia Lynch, Digital TV, IPTV, Multiscreen, OTT, USA
Video technology players continue to dwindle as platform ownership desires surge
Aug 18, 2016 – ABI Research finds that video equipment will see a 4% CAGR through 2021, whereas Managed Video Platforms (MVPs) focused on providing turnkey service offerings and delivering media & entertainment content will see a 17% CAGR in the same period.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Software, Worldwide
120 million voice-enabled Smart Home devices to ship in 2021
Aug 15, 2016 – While Siri and Google Now are well-established smartphone features, it is in the smart home that voice control systems will live out their full potential. Smart TVs, smart refrigerators, smart plugs, and more will extend the reach and simplicity of managing the smart home environment using voice.
News categories: ABI Research, Jonathan Collins, Market Research, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
GlobalNet launches IPTV with VectorMAX in Colombia
Aug 4, 2016 – GlobalNet has launched GlobalPlay, an IPTV service utilizing the VectorMAX TV Anywhere end to end, completely software based, IPTV delivery platform. GlobalPlay delivers SD & HD live channels to the Colombian market.
News categories: VectorMAX, GlobalNet, Colombia, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Set Top Box
Sky Deutschland selects INSIDE Secure player for Apple TV app
Jul 12, 2016 – INSIDE Secure (Paris:INSD) has announced that its secured player technology has been selected by Sky Deutschland for the new Sky Online streaming service for the fourth generation of Apple TV.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Sky Deutschland, Andrew McLennan, Mauro Di Pietro Paolo, Austria, DRM, Germany, Media Player, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
Fox launches live primetime streaming in beta
Jul 12, 2016 – FOX has launched live streaming on its digital platforms, offering viewers access to a simulcast of the network’s primetime entertainment programming via FOX.com and FOX NOW for iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire, Apple TV and Google Chromecast.
News categories: Fox Television, Dana Walden, Gary Newman, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, USA
Chips&Media launches 2nd generation VP9/HEVC decoder IP
Jul 11, 2016 – Chips&Media has announced that they have completed development of their 2nd generation VP9 and HEVC(H.265) multi-format Decoder IP - WAVE512 which is now available to customers.
News categories: Chips&Media, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Viu launches SVOD in Singapore with Singtel
Jul 8, 2016 – PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has launched its premium subscription service in Singapore with Singtel, the largest telecommunications company in Singapore, offering viewers unlimited downloads of their favourite content.
News categories: PCCW Media, Singtel, Janice Lee, Digital TV, OTT, Singapore
42 million digital media adaptors shipped in 2015
Jul 7, 2016 – Futuresource Consulting has published its latest digital media adaptor (DMA) report. 2015 saw worldwide shipments of 42 million units. 2020 is expected to see shipments of these dedicated video streaming devices exceed 63 million units.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Tett, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Bell Canada offers world's first fully wireless 4K IPTV service
- Huawei and OVUM release 'Big Video' report
- Hisense selects SERAPHIC for VIDDA Smart TVs
- DOCOMO Digital presents IPTV in a 360° environment at IBC 2016
- HBO to be available on DIRECTV NOW streaming service
- VRrOOm launches world’s first global VR cinema network at BIRTV
- CableClix preparing Virtual Private Cable Network rollout
- Samsung announces NAGRA-based USB CA dongle for Smart TVs
- Windstream applies to bring its Kinetic TV service to North Carolina
- Okko and NetRange join forces in Smart TV
- Alpha Networks selects ContentWise TV personalization
- AB Groupe selects Ericsson for France’s first Ultra HD channel
- Streaming video customer satisfaction highest when paired with pay TV
- Romania's RCS & RDS picks Irdeto for digital TV CAMs
- Intelsat 36 launch adds DTH capacity for Sub-Saharan Africa
- 4K TV market split between Dolby Vision and HDR10
- Netflix growth continues as Amazon Prime Video momentum builds
- GatesAir completes second phase of DVB-T2 network in Kuwait
- North American homes average seven active connected devices
- Samsung 2016 UHD TV models achieve European certification