Digital TV News: Google
1 in 8 Australian households now have a Smart TV
Jan 28, 2015 – 1 in 8 Australian households now have a Smart TV—almost a sixfold increase over the last four years, data from Roy Morgan Research shows. As well as Smart TVs, there are numerous other ways to give regular TVs access to internet content.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Tim Martin, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
A streaming media player in 40% of U.S. internet homes by 2017
Jan 26, 2015 – By Q1 2017, 40 percent of U.S. Internet homes will have a streaming media player, bringing the total number of homes with these devices to 39 million, according to the new NPD Connected Intelligence Connected Home Forecast.
News categories: NPD Connected Intelligence, John Buffone, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Motive adds Google Chromecast to TabletTV
Jan 19, 2015 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV) has announced that following recent meetings and discussions with Google, the Company will begin integrating Google’s Chromecast technology into Motive’s TabletTV apps.
News categories: Motive Television, Leonard M Fertig, Apps, Mobile, Terrestrial, UK, USA
Telekom Malaysia launches HyppTV Everywhere mobile app
Jan 14, 2015 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) has enhanced its offering by making its IPTV service, HyppTV, available to all members of the public via its HyppTV Everywhere mobile app. The feature gives customers access to HyppTV over non-TM broadband networks.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Emily Wee, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia, Mobile, TV Everywhere
STMicroelectronics begins Ultra-HDp60 STB chip shipments
Jan 7, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has begun delivering to lead customers its latest Ultra-HDp60 quad-core system-on-chip ICs (STiH314/318 and STiH414/418), part of its Cannes/ Monaco family. Several OEMs have already selected the SoCs for next-generation Ultra-HD products.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Philippe Notton, CES2015, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MediaTek collaborates with Google on Ultra HD Android TV
Jan 6, 2015 – MediaTek has announced a collaboration with Google on the world's first Ultra HD TV platform solution for Android TV - made possible through Google's Android TV software integration on MediaTek's MT5595 System-on-Chip hardware.
News categories: MediaTek, Apps, CES2015, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
MediaTek SoC designed into Sony's first Android TV
Jan 6, 2015 – MediaTek has announced that the company’s smart TV System on Chip (SoC) will be used in the first Sony Android TV incorporating Sony's unique picture-quality algorithm, and enable Android 5.0 Lollipop software to run seamlessly.
News categories: MediaTek, Sony Visual Products, Ching-Jiang Hsieh, Masashi Imamura, CES2015, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Broadcom debuts multi-standard Ultra HD chip family
Jan 6, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced two Ultra HD system-on-a-chip devices, for client and media gateway set-top box (STB) applications, with support for Google's VP9 open video compression standard.
News categories: Broadcom, Rich Nelson, CES2015, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
DISH Network to launch Sling TV OTT service
Jan 5, 2015 – Sling TV, a subsidiary of DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH), has announced that it will launch an over-the-top television service in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2015, priced at $20 per month.
News categories: Sling, DISH Network, Roger Lynch, Joseph P. Clayton, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- Singtel, Sony Pictures and Warner Bros. establish OTT JV for Asia
- Broadcom reports Q4 and Full Year 2014 results
- Time Warner Cable video subscribers down 38,000 in 4Q 2014
- Online subscription video driving connected TV
- Playstation Network to become premium entertainment service brand
- 1 in 8 Australian households now have a Smart TV
- STMicroelectronics reports 4Q 2014 results
- AT&T adds 73,000 U-verse TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
- Carrefour to debut Nolim Films digital video service
- SmartLabs upgrades IPTV service at Georgia's Caucasus Online
- Ooredoo launches multiscreen cable TV in the Maldives
- Eutelsat to support Kyrgyz Republic's transition to DTT
- NEOTION CI Plus 1.3 CAM integrates Verimatrix VCAS security
- Sigma Designs to distribute reference designs with Frog by Wyplay pre-integrated
- A streaming media player in 40% of U.S. internet homes by 2017
- Nigeria's ACTV DTH chooses AMOS-5 satellite
- Elemental enables OTT delivery for Hong Kong's TVB
- Dhiraagu launches multiscreen IPTV in the Maldives
- NEOTION, Broadpeak and Eutelsat to show OTT over satellite at CSTB
- Dish TV India adds 416,000 net subscribers in 4Q 2014