Digital TV News: Google
Evolution Digital launches 4K Android TV STB
Feb 7, 2018 – Evolution Digital has announced the availability of eSTREAM 4K, powered by Android TV, an all-IP streaming box that delivers traditional cable services coupled with streaming apps from the Google Play Store.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Brent Smith, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Connekt adds voice activation via Google Home to its TV ad engagement platform
Feb 1, 2018 – Connekt is preparing for a remote-less future by adding voice capabilities to its linear TV ad engagement solution. Now, viewers with Google Home devices can interact with brands that are featured on TV and purchase goods using only their voices.
News categories: Connekt, Tripp Boyle, Jason Smith, Advertising, Digital TV, Smart Home, Worldwide
Optus' Fetch STB now works with Google Assistant
Jan 25, 2018 – Optus has announced that their Fetch set-top box now works with Google Assistant. Using voice activated AI, Fetch customers have the option of hands-free entertainment and can use their voice to search for something to watch, find out what’s on, set recordings, change the channel and more.
News categories: Optus, Ben White, Australia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
DISH to work with the Google Assistant
Jan 10, 2018 – DISH has announced that its customers will soon have the ability to watch Hands-Free TV using the Google Assistant. This marks the first time that DISH customers with a Hopper, Joey or Wally can use voice to control their TV in multiple languages, including English and Spanish.
News categories: DISH Network, Niraj Desai, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
castLabs DRMtoday integrated with AWS Elemental workflows
Jan 9, 2018 – castLabs has announced API integration between castLabs’ DRMtoday cloud content licensing service and AWS Elemental MediaConvert and AWS Elemental MediaPackage services.
News categories: castLabs, AWS Elemental, Michael Stattmann, Digital TV, DRM, Worldwide
Geniatech and MaxLinear show ATSC TV home distribution system at CES2018
Jan 8, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that it will join with Geniatech at CES to showcase NetAerial, the first integrated live TV distribution system for the home network. The NetAerial unit combines a TV antenna, two ATSC TV tuners and a G.hn powerline network adapter.
News categories: MaxLinear, Geniatech, Will Torgerson, Mr. Fang, ATSC, CES2018, Digital TV, Gateway, Powerline, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, USA
NBC Olympics to provide live Winter Olympics coverage in VR with Intel
Jan 8, 2018 – NBC Olympics has announced that it will provide more than 50 hours of live virtual reality coverage powered by Intel True VR during the XXIII Olympic Winter Games from PyeongChang, South Korea, to authenticated users.
News categories: NBC Olympics, Intel, Gary Zenkel, James Carwana, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, USA, VR
MediaTek adds support for AI in Smart Home devices
Jan 8, 2018 – MediaTek has announced that it is evolving its home entertainment platform by developing solutions that power artificial intelligence (AI) voice and vision capabilities in an array of smart home devices.
News categories: MediaTek, Jerry Yu, CES2018, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Haier announces expanded Android TV commitment at CES2018
Jan 8, 2018 – Haier has announced an expanded partnership with Google. Launching initially in North America in mid-2018, the new Haier Android TV series will incorporate the latest technology in FHD and 4K UHD TV.
News categories: Haier, Android, John Homlish, CES2018, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
- Inscape partners with Dativa to speed adoption of Smart TV data
- M7 launches DTH platform in Germany
- NEOTION and Tellmeplus embed native AI in secure IoT devices
- NTT DATA roll out immersive content with Jaunt's XR Platform
- ARRIS set-tops to power Bell Canada's MediaFirst deployment
- Service Electric Cablevision selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
- MX1 provides content aggregation for 1&1's cloud TV
- Liberty Latin America to buy 80% of Costa Rica's Cabletica
- DSCC and Insight Media launch 8K TV report
- JW Player launches Video Player Bidding with SpotX
- Videocon d2h adds 160,000 net subscribers in 4Q 2017
- Mediacom deploys Evolution Digital hybrid STBs
- RCN rolls-out 4K-enabled STBs in the Lehigh Valley
- Buckeye signs Elevate SaaS agreement with Espial
- Digicel PlayGo partners with Matrixstream for OTT Winter Olympics streaming
- IAB whitepaper explores use of blockchain for video advertising
- Yospace and Seven agree dynamic ad insertion deal for live OTT channels
- Espial signs large North American cable operator
- Sky, Adobe, TVbeat and Alphonso form TV data consortium
- ISSI acquires wired connectivity business of Sigma Designs