Digital TV News: Google
DNA Android TV deployment powered by Amino
Sep 14, 2017 – Amino is providing DNA with both mobile and STB service delivery for its multiscreen TV. DNA has further expanded its TV service with Amino’s MOVE cloud TV platform to support the recent launch of TV-hubi – its Android TV 4K UHD device.
News categories: Amino, DNA, Donald McGarva, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finland, Multiscreen
Telecable and Sagemcom launch 4K Android TV set-top
Sep 13, 2017 – Telecable has launched its Android TV 4K tedi set-top box, designed and manufactured by Sagemcom. The set-top box, integrating the latest cutting-edge technologies, gives access to a complete TV and multimedia entertainment offer.
News categories: Sagemcom, Telecable, Olivier Taravel, Aitor Markaida, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Spain
ARRIS debuts UHD HDR STBs with Android TV at IBC 2017
Sep 13, 2017 – At IBC, ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) will unveil a portfolio of UHD HDR set-tops with Android TV along with professional services to help simplify and accelerate the launch of Android-based TV services for operators around the world.
News categories: ARRIS International, Larry Robinson, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NAGRA introduces OpenTV Signature Edition
Sep 12, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced the launch of OpenTV Signature Edition, the company’s turnkey, cloud-based and multi-tenant solution for pay-TV operators. Powered by the OpenTV Suite and the NAGRA Insight data analytics platform, OpenTV Signature Edition is a fully-featured ecosystem.
News categories: NAGRA, Big Data, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Comcast debuts integrated YouTube app on Xfinity X1
Sep 12, 2017 – Comcast and Google have announced the nationwide launch of YouTube on Xfinity X1, giving viewers quick, easy access to YouTube’s vast online video collection alongside the live, on demand, DVR and other web programming that is already included with their Xfinity TV subscription.
News categories: Comcast, YouTube, Matt Strauss, Robert Kyncl, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
3SS powers Google’s Android TV Operator Tier demo at IBC 2017
Sep 11, 2017 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that its 3READY Android TV Client will feature as the demonstration Custom Launcher for Google’s Android TV Operator Tier Program at IBC 2017. 3 Screen Solutions makes its IBC debut in 2017.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Digital TV, IBCShow, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
AirTies launches Android TV IP set-top version at IBC
Sep 7, 2017 – Ahead of the 2017 IBC Show, AirTies has unveiled an Android TV edition of the Air 7415, a 4K IP STB, to address the growing demand for the Android platform from TV operators.
News categories: AirTies, IBCShow, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
European smart home market awakens
Sep 6, 2017 – Parks Associates has released a report showing that despite an initially conservative approach to IoT opportunities, many different types of EU companies are now pioneering approaches and introducing beneficial IoT use cases for their customers.
News categories: Parks Associates, Tricia Parks, Europe, Market Research, Smart Home
WeCast shows Android TV STB boasting 4G and IoT features at IBC 2017
Sep 6, 2017 – WeCast will be demonstrating its IPTV/OTT end-to-end solution at IBC alongside set-top boxes powered by Android TV boasting 4G and IoT capabilities. The new devices developed by its parent company - WeTek - will be available as OEM complements for WeCast’s solution as well as to the general public.
News categories: WeCast, Zlatan Brdaric, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
- Dish TV India selects Verimatrix Cardless Security for DTH expansion
- CubiTV pre-integrated with Conax Arena multiscreen hub
- MaxLinear and Gospell deliver multi-tuner LNB solution for satellite
- Tivù premieres the first HbbTV 2.0.1 application: tivùon!
- Vewd certifies Wiztivi UI framework for pay TV
- Ericsson combines SERAPHIC browser with its United Delivery Network for OTT
- VUBIQUITY and NOKIA announce ‘Time-Shift As A Service’ for OTT
- Deutsche Glasfaser selects Amino for next wave of DGTV deployments
- Tata Sky appoints Irdeto for next generation OTT media services
- Internet Video Archive and XroadMedia enable content discovery experiences
- SERAPHIC and Foxxum working together to upgrade TV UI experience
- Tivù and Yotta Media invest in HbbTV operator app development
- Multimedia Polska streamlines content security with ARRIS upgrade
- Altice strengthens partnership with ARRIS for video in the US and Europe
- Irdeto and Vestel launch TVs with integrated broadcast pay TV capabilities
- Intertrust and EVIO announce ExpressPlay CA-based content protection system
- iWedia integrates Teatro-3.5 software on INTEK Android TV UHD STBs
- Viaccess-Orca delivers a personalized TV experience at 'yes' in Israel
- Zenterio's JetUI multiscreen UI integrated and certified with Huawei Envision
- WebTVAsia deploys Verimatrix for its VOD service