Digital TV News: Gospell
MaxLinear and Gospell deliver multi-tuner LNB solution for satellite
Sep 18, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced a reference design with Gospell Digital Technology. The platform combines MaxLinear’s MxL80x satellite RF downconverter and MxL862 digital channel stacking switch (dCSS) ICs.
News categories: MaxLinear, Gospell Digital Technology, Will Torgerson, Zhao Mulin, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
First STBs with Inview software arrive in Nigeria
Mar 16, 2016 – Inview Technology has successfully completed its software integration with the first batch of set-top boxes for the beginning of Nigeria's digital switchover. Inview software and services will be integrated on all 20 million set-top boxes for launch into the Nigeria market.
News categories: Inview Technology, Nick Markham, Digital TV, Middleware, Nigeria, Terrestrial, Video Exchange
Nigeria takes delivery of first DTT set-top boxes
Feb 25, 2016 – Nigeria's National Broadcasting Commission has announced that, ahead of its digital TV switchover trial, it has received the first batch of DTT Set-Top-Boxes, from SMK Engineering Limited and Gospell Digital Technology Limited.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Gospell Digital Technology, Alheri Saidu, Digital TV, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Exset supplies DMS-equipped STBs to Pakistan’s Cable Media Group
Nov 17, 2015 – Exset has announced that it is supplying the latest version of its Value Added Service DMS 4.0 technology to Pakistan cable operator Cable Media Group (CMG). Exset has integrated its middleware with set-top boxes from Gospell to be deployed by CMG.
News categories: Exset, Gospell, Cable Media Group, Andrew Pons, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Pakistan, Set Top Box
Global and China Digital STB (Set-top Box) Market Report, 2008
Dec 4, 2008 – In 2007, 140 million STBs were sold worldwide, the overall sales percentage of satellite STBs was 46%, and IP STB gained the highest sales growth with a figure of 4.53 million, increased by 77% comparing 2006.
News categories: Research In China, Research and Markets, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Smaller Players Gain Larger Share of Worldwide Digital STB Market
Aug 28, 2007 – The worldwide market for digital set-top boxes (STBs) experienced continued strong growth in 2006, with smaller Asian manufacturers advancing up the market share ladder. Traditional STB stalwarts still remain the worldwide leaders, but are facing increased competition from lower tier manufacturers.
News categories: Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DVR, Europe, India, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019