Digital TV News: Grass Valley
Harmonic is Top MPEG Encoder Supplier by Number of Streams in 2008
May 12, 2009 – New research from In-Stat identifies Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) as the top MPEG encoder supplier, when counting the number of streams supplied in 2008. Harmonic, with 28% of streams supplied in the market, is followed closely by Tandberg (NASDAQ:ERIC).
News categories: In-Stat, Content Distribution, Market Research
Thomson sees strong growth in cable set-top box volumes
Apr 27, 2009 – Thomson (Paris: 18453, NYSE: TMS) has announced results for the quarter ending March 31, 2009. In comparison with a particularly weak 1Q 2008 there was a strong performance in access products in 1Q 2009.
News categories: Thomson, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, DVR, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Router, Satellite, Set Top Box
Thomson Full Year 2008 Results
Mar 9, 2009 – Thomson (Paris: 18453, NYSE: TMS) has released its full year 2008 results. In its access product business, the Group recorded strong growth in shipments (+32% YoY), especially with key Satellite and Cable customers in the US.
News categories: Thomson, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DVR, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Router, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Thomson: Near-term Priorities and Third Quarter Revenues
Oct 16, 2008 – Thomson (Paris: 18453, NYSE:TMS) reported total revenues of €1,170 million for the quarter (3Q07, €1,348 million). Satellite set-top box sales declined. Sales of gateways for telcos performed well and cable products grew significantly.
News categories: Thomson, Cable TV, Gateway, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
World Video Encoders Market to Exceed US$3.2 Billion by 2015, According to a New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
Dec 3, 2007 – World Video Encoders market is forecast to maintain an impressive CAGR of over 22% over the 2005-2015 analysis period and exceed US$3.2 billion by 2015.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Report Overview, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, TV Services
Thomson Announces Several Major Orders at IBC 2007
Sep 6, 2007 – The leading Russian Pay-TV Operator, NTV-Plus, choose Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) for the rollout of a new High Definition (HD) TV set-top box. The HD set-top box will support the launch of Russia's first high-definition TV service by NTV-Plus this year.
News categories: Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Thomson Delivers DVB-H Infrastructure for DigitALB Mobile Television
Apr 14, 2007 – DigitALB, the leading commercial media enterprise in Albania, has launched a 14 channel mobile television service based on a fully redundant Grass Valley's Mobile TV system from Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS).
News categories: Grass Valley, DigitALB, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic