Digital TV News: Gray Television
Syncbak's VUit aggregates Local TV streaming content
Sep 1, 2020 – Syncbak has announced the launch of VUit, a free, ad-supported streaming service built in partnership with local television station groups. VUit aims to be the 'Netflix of Live, Local and Free'.
News categories: Syncbak, Jack Perry, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Comscore announces measurement agreement with Comcast
Feb 27, 2020 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has reported results for the quarter and full year ended December 31, 2019.The company also announced a measurement agreement with Comcast intended to improve direct measurement of television households across the U.S.
News categories: Comscore, Bill Livek, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Set Top Box, USA
Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
Feb 6, 2020 – Pearl TV has welcomed Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) as the organization’s ninth member, a move that boosts the reach of Pearl-member stations to nearly half of all broadcast television stations in the United States.
News categories: Pearl TV, Sinclair Broadcast, Anne Schelle, Chris Ripley, ATSC 3, Digital TV, USA
Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
Jan 20, 2020 – Syncbak has integrated adSync, the company’s dynamic ad insertion technology with MarketSync, its OTT syndication marketplace. adSync powers dynamic ad insertion for live- and on-demand OTT viewing. Participating stations use MarketSync to build out their OTT lineups.
News categories: Syncbak, Jack Perry, Mike Braun, Brian Burns, Kevin Dunaway, Advertising, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Build-out plans announced for Next-Gen TV in top 40 U.S. TV markets
Apr 8, 2019 – At the 2019 NAB Show, a broad coalition of broadcast television station groups announced plans to deploy Next-Gen TV in the 40 largest U.S. TV markets by the end of 2020. The market-driven effort builds on the testing and rollouts that have already taken place.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Pearl TV using Triveni Digital for ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance
Apr 2, 2019 – Triveni Digital has announced that Pearl TV is using Triveni Digital's StreamScope XM Verifier. StreamScope XM Verifier gives Pearl TV stations a view of the ATSC 3.0 service, allowing them to verify a wide range of ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance metrics.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Pearl TV, Ralph Bachofen, Bob Chase, ATSC 3, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
Syncbak to debut straight to OTT syndication marketplace at NATPE 2019
Jan 14, 2019 – Syncbak has announced the launch of the industry’s first straight-to-OTT syndication marketplace, MarketSync. Less than a year after launching SBTV, the company will unveil the MarketSync content marketplace and app at NATPE this month.
News categories: Syncbak, Gray Television, Jack Perry, Hilton Howell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
U.S. 2018 TV and radio M&A deal volume highest since 2008
Jan 3, 2019 – According to Kagan, U.S. broadcast station mergers and acquisitions (M&A) volume reached $4.31 billion in the fourth quarter of 2018. 2018 closed with an $8.87 billion deal volume, representing an increase of 8% over 2017.
News categories: S&P Global, Digital TV, Market Research, MnA, USA
Syncbak launches SBTV OTT platform for local broadcasters
May 16, 2018 – Syncbak has unveiled its SBTV platform which enables local broadcasters to build OTT channels, and the corresponding SBTV app that provides consumers with access to local programming from anywhere in the U.S. – live or on-demand – on any device.
News categories: Syncbak, Gray Television, Jack Perry, Julia Campbell, Brian Brady, Advertising, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service
- MCTV selects MOBITV for advanced TV services
- Wiztivi's UI product now RDK compatible
- HbbTV 2.0.3 specification published
- Humax introduces RDK-based voice assistant set-top box