Digital TV News: Groupe CANAL+
Groupe Canal+ takes 6.5% stake in Multichoice
Oct 5, 2020 – MultiChoice has received formal notification that Groupe Canal+ has acquired ordinary shares of the Company. The Groupe Canal+ holding now amounts to 6.50% of the Company’s ordinary shares in issue.
News categories: MultiChoice, Groupe Canal+, Africa, Digital TV, MnA, Satellite, South Africa
Médiamétrie now measuring myCANAL in 4-screen TV audience
Jul 17, 2018 – Médiamétrie now offers 4-screen TV audience measurement customers the option to view the performance of their programmes broadcast on myCANAL, CANAL+ Group’s OTT television distribution platform.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Groupe CANAL+, Julien Rosanvallon, Frank Cadoret, Advertising, Digital TV, France, Market Research, OTT
Kudelski releases 2016 results
Feb 16, 2017 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2016 annual results. In iDTV, the most significant players in the industry have extended their partnerships with the Group, using some of the most innovative solutions.
News categories: Kudelski Group, Cable TV, Content Protection, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Poland's nc+ has 2.3 million subscribers at end-June 2013
Aug 22, 2013 – TVN Group has announced financial results for the second quarter and the first half of 2013. nc+, the strategic associate of TVN, had 2.3 million post-paid subscribers at the end of June.
News categories: TVN Group, nc+, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Poland's UOKiK gives consent to ITI/CANAL+ satellite JV
Sep 14, 2012 – Poland's Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK) has approved the setting up of a satellite TV joint venture in the country by TVN and Vivendi. The deal will combine TVN's 'n' platform and Vivendi's Cyfra Plus.
News categories: UOKiK, Vivendi, TVN Group, MnA, Poland, Regulation, Satellite
TCL to launch TVs with integrated CANALPLAY VOD
Nov 4, 2009 – Le Groupe Canal+ (Paris:VIV) and TCL (Shenzhen:000100) have announced an agreement to launch televisions from Thomson with built-in direct access to CANALPLAY video-on-demand.
News categories: TCL Corp, CANAL+, Digital TV, France, OTT, Smart TV
Charter agreed for the growth of mobile TV in France
Jan 15, 2008 – AB Groupe, Bolloré, Groupe Canal+, Lagardère, Groupe M6, Next Radio TV, NRJ Group and TF1 have signed a charter in which they commit themselves to the development of Télévision Mobile Personelle (TMP) in France.
News categories: Digital TV, France, Mobile
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia