Digital TV News: Grundig
Freesat nears 400,000 sales mark after first year
May 7, 2009 – The UK's Freesat subscription-free digital satellite TV service has celebrated its first birthday. Sales are on track to reach 400,000 units.
News categories: Freesat, Digital TV, DVR, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Trident's HiDTV™ PRO-QX SoC with MEMC Technology Enters 100Hz European IDTV Market
Dec 17, 2008 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has announced that Grundig Eletronik's Vision-9 FHD 100Hz digital television has adopted Trident's HiDTV™ PRO-QX digital TV processor system-on-a-chip (SoC).
News categories: Trident Micro, Grundig Elektronik, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Trident's DVB-T System Software Enters European DTV Market
Nov 12, 2008 – Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) has announced that its European DVB-T system software, powered by its HiDTV™ PRO-FX system-on-a-chip (SoC), has been integrated into Grundig Elektronik's New City Line full HD digital televisions for Europe.
News categories: Trident Micro, Grundig Elektronik, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
ADB Group delivers mid-period update on its 2008 second half business
Oct 30, 2008 – Advanced Digital Broadcast Holdings (SIX: ADBN) has reported an update on the development of its business. The order book for the year is full, driven mostly by a continued strong operator demand and a favourable product mix.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Blu-ray, DVR, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box
ADB And Grundig Enable The Launch Of First Norwegian Push-VOD Offering By RiksTV
Oct 30, 2008 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SWX:ADBN) has announced that it will supply its DVB-T PVR platform to the Norwegian market under its agreement with Grundig. The DTR 8860 VOD is the first-to-market to fully support RiksTV's push-VOD service.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Grundig, RiksTV, Osmosys, Digital TV, DVR, Norway, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Freesat launches in Ireland as Sat4Free
Oct 24, 2008 – Sat4Free, based on the FreeSat service available in the UK, has launched this week in Ireland. Free satellite installation is included in the price of the set-top box, made by Grundig.
News categories: Sat4Free, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Set Top Box
Norges televisjon (NTV) approves first PVR for DTT
Jul 9, 2008 – Norges televisjon (NTV) has approved the first personal video recorder (PVR) for use with its digital terrestrial television (DTT) service.
News categories: Norges televisjon, Digital TV, DVR, Norway, Terrestrial
UK - Freesat launches today
May 6, 2008 – Freesat, the new, free, digital satellite television service has launched. Freesat is a joint venture between the BBC and ITV.
News categories: Freesat, BBC, ITV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Zoran Demonstrates Latest Set-Top Box and Digital Television Technologies for Manufacturers at CCBN 2008 in Beijing
Mar 19, 2008 – Zoran (Nasdaq: ZRAN) is demonstrating its newest digital television, set-top and converter box processors for consumer electronics manufacturers at the China Cable Broadcasting Network (CCBN) 2008 conference from March 21 to 23 in Beijing.
News categories: Zoran, ATSC, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
- Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023