Digital TV News: Grundig
Trident's HiDTV™ PRO-QX SoC with MEMC Technology Enters 100Hz European IDTV Market
Dec 17, 2008 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ: TRID) has announced that Grundig Eletronik's Vision-9 FHD 100Hz digital television has adopted Trident's HiDTV™ PRO-QX digital TV processor system-on-a-chip (SoC).
News categories: Trident Micro, Grundig Elektronik, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Trident's DVB-T System Software Enters European DTV Market
Nov 12, 2008 – Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) has announced that its European DVB-T system software, powered by its HiDTV™ PRO-FX system-on-a-chip (SoC), has been integrated into Grundig Elektronik's New City Line full HD digital televisions for Europe.
News categories: Trident Micro, Grundig Elektronik, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
ADB Group delivers mid-period update on its 2008 second half business
Oct 30, 2008 – Advanced Digital Broadcast Holdings (SIX: ADBN) has reported an update on the development of its business. The order book for the year is full, driven mostly by a continued strong operator demand and a favourable product mix.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Blu-ray, DVR, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box
ADB And Grundig Enable The Launch Of First Norwegian Push-VOD Offering By RiksTV
Oct 30, 2008 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SWX:ADBN) has announced that it will supply its DVB-T PVR platform to the Norwegian market under its agreement with Grundig. The DTR 8860 VOD is the first-to-market to fully support RiksTV's push-VOD service.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Grundig, RiksTV, Osmosys, Digital TV, DVR, Norway, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Freesat launches in Ireland as Sat4Free
Oct 24, 2008 – Sat4Free, based on the FreeSat service available in the UK, has launched this week in Ireland. Free satellite installation is included in the price of the set-top box, made by Grundig.
News categories: Sat4Free, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite, Set Top Box
Norges televisjon (NTV) approves first PVR for DTT
Jul 9, 2008 – Norges televisjon (NTV) has approved the first personal video recorder (PVR) for use with its digital terrestrial television (DTT) service.
News categories: Norges televisjon, Digital TV, DVR, Norway, Terrestrial
UK - Freesat launches today
May 6, 2008 – Freesat, the new, free, digital satellite television service has launched. Freesat is a joint venture between the BBC and ITV.
News categories: Freesat, BBC, ITV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
Zoran Demonstrates Latest Set-Top Box and Digital Television Technologies for Manufacturers at CCBN 2008 in Beijing
Mar 19, 2008 – Zoran (Nasdaq: ZRAN) is demonstrating its newest digital television, set-top and converter box processors for consumer electronics manufacturers at the China Cable Broadcasting Network (CCBN) 2008 conference from March 21 to 23 in Beijing.
News categories: Zoran, ATSC, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Zoran Corporation Reports Record Results for the Fourth Quarter and Year End 2007
Jan 28, 2008 – Zoran Corporation (Nasdaq GS: ZRAN) has reported results for its fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2007.
News categories: Zoran, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, HD-DVD, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019