Digital TV News: HDMI Licensing
Silicon Line demonstrates first active optical cables with HDMI 2.1 support
Jan 7, 2019 – At CES 2019, Silicon Line is demonstrating the world's first active optical cables with embedded technology supporting all features of the recently released HDMI 2.1 specification.
News categories: Silicon Line, Ruud van der Linden, CES, Digital TV, Semiconductor
Shipments of HDMI products near 900 million units in 2017
Jan 8, 2018 – HDMI LA has reported that almost 1,800 licensed HDMI Adopters, representing a broad range of product categories, are expected to have shipped nearly 900 million HDMI-compliant products in 2017 for a total cumulative installed base approaching seven billion devices.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, Rob Tobias, Robert Blanchard, CES, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
HDMI releases alternate mode for USB Type-C connector
Sep 1, 2016 – HDMI Licensing has released its HDMI Alternate Mode ('Alt Mode') developed for the USB Type-C specification. This will allow HDMI-enabled sources to utilize a USB Type-C connector to directly connect to HDMI-enabled displays.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, USB-IF, Rob Tobias, Jeff Ravencraft, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
HDMI Licensing launches HDMI 2.0 Certification Program
Oct 5, 2015 – HDMI Licensing has announced a Premium HDMI Cable Certification Program. The program tests that the cable can support the 18Gbps bandwidth required by the HDMI 2.0 Specification - a throughput typically needed for video formats such as 4K/UltraHD.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, Jeff Park, Rob Tobias, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
HDMI Forum releases Version 2.0 of the HDMI specification
Sep 4, 2013 – HDMI Forum has announced the release of Version 2.0 of the HDMI Specification. The update offers increased bandwidth to support new features such as [email protected]/60 (2160p); 32 audio channels; as well as dynamic auto lip-sync and extensions to CEC.
News categories: HDMI Forum, Digital TV, IFA2019, Smart Home, Smart TV
HDMI Licensing Releases HDMI Specification Version 1.4a
Mar 4, 2010 – HDMI Licensing has released HDMI Specification Version 1.4a, which features key enhancements for 3D applications including the addition of mandatory 3D formats for broadcast content plus the addition of the 3D format referred to as Top-and-Bottom.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, Smart Home, VR
3D Portion of HDMI Specification Version 1.4 Available for Public Download
Feb 3, 2010 – HDMI Licensing, the agent responsible for licensing the High-Definition Multimedia Interface® (HDMI®) specification, has announced that it has made the 3D portion of the HDMI Specification Version 1.4 available for public download on the HDMI Web site.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, VR
HDMI Licensing Announces HDMI Version 1.4 Features
May 28, 2009 – HDMI Licensing has announced the features that will be incorporated in the upcoming HDMI 1.4 specification including capabilities such as Ethernet connectivity and an Audio Return Channel to enable upstream audio connections via the HDMI cable.
News categories: HDMI Licensing, Digital TV, DVD, Games Console, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Sensio presents The First Complete HD 3D Consumer Solution
Jan 8, 2008 – SENSIO Technologies (TSX Venture Exchange Inc.: SIO) presents the first complete HD 3D solution that allows consumers to view stereoscopic 3D content while sitting in their own living rooms.
News categories: SENSIO, CES, Digital TV, Smart TV, VR
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA