Digital TV News: HISPASAT
HISPASAT and MEO to broadcast Champions League Final and UEFA Euro in 4K
May 18, 2016 – HISPASAT and Portugal Telecom’s MEO have reached an agreement to broadcast in 4K format the Champions League Final on the Sport TV channel as well as eight of the most important matches of the UEFA Euro 2016 on the RTP 4K channel.
News categories: HISPASAT, Portugal Telecom, Digital TV, Portugal, Satellite
ATEME drives first live 4K UHD opera broadcast in Spain
May 10, 2016 – ATEME has announced that RTVE, Spain’s public service broadcaster, broadcast the 'Parsifal' opera by Wagner from Teatro Real on April 21, live in Ultra High Definition (UHD).
News categories: ATEME, RTVE, HISPASAT, Vincent PEDREGNO, Pere VILA, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Spain, Terrestrial
RTVE and partners to show 4K HDR over DVB-T2 in Seville
Nov 4, 2015 – At the 4K Summit in Seville, RTVE, in collaboration with Cellnex Telecom, Hispasat, Dolby Laboratories and SAPEC, will present two worldwide premieres that will showcase Ultra HD and also its distribution through the different platforms used by citizens.
News categories: RTVE, Cellnex, Hispasat, Dolby, SAPEC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Spain, Terrestrial
Portugal's NOS trials UHD with Thomson Video Networks HEVC encoders
Oct 7, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that NOS has pioneered Ultra HD (UHD) broadcasting in Portugal with the launch of two trial UHD channels leveraging the HEVC compression capabilities of Thomson's ViBE VS7000 encoding/transcoding platform.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, NOS, Eric Louvet, Alexandre Martins, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Portugal
HISPASAT begins 4K broadcasting with HDR on Hispasat 1E
Sep 8, 2015 – Spanish satellite communications operator HISPASAT has begun 4K TV transmissions in Europe using the High Dynamic Range (HDR) format. Broadcasting on Hispasat 1E, it is the first satellite service in the world using Dolby Vision HDR.
News categories: HISPASAT, Dolby, Digital TV, Europe, IBCShowcase, Satellite
SES and partners announce SAT>IP Alliance
Apr 15, 2015 – At the 2015 NAB Show in Las Vegas, six satellite operators and manufacturers announced the formation of the SAT>IP Alliance. The SAT>IP Alliance consists of SES, HISPASAT, Panasonic, NAGRA, ALi Corporation and MaxLinear.
News categories: SAT>IP Alliance, Digital TV, Gateway, NABShow, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
INVERTO collaborates with HISPASAT on SAT>IP product deployment
Sep 12, 2014 – HISPASAT and INVERTO have announced that they have been jointly working to validating and supporting SAT-IP products to facilitate its deployment within the HISPASAT footprint.
News categories: INVERTO, HISPASAT, Inés Sanz, Gil Laifer, Digital TV, Gateway, IBCShowcase, LNB, Satellite, Smart Home
Hispasat offers HIGH TV 3D unencrypted across Europe
Jan 20, 2014 – HISPASAT has announced that it is now offering HIGH TV 3D across Europe. HIGH TV 3D is the first international 24/7 3D entertainment channel, broadcasting high quality programmes to millions of households.
News categories: HISPASAT, HIGH TV 3D, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite, VR
HISPASAT chooses Thomson Video Networks for HEVC Ultra HD content delivery demonstration
Sep 6, 2013 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that HISPASAT has launched a trial demonstration of Ultra HD content delivery using the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) compression capabilities of their ViBE™ VS7000 multi-screen encoding platform.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, HISPASAT, Content Distribution, IBCShowcase, Satellite
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system