Digital TV News: Haivision
Red Bee Media achieves 3.5 second latency for live OTT
Apr 11, 2019 – Red Bee Media has reached record low latency on their live OTT feed during NAB 2019 – reaching as low as 3.5 seconds, glass to glass which is faster than traditional broadcasting feeds. This accomplishment was achieved using commoditized cloud-based, open source standard technology, utilizing open internet connectivity only.
News categories: Red Bee Media, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
RIST Forum promotes its internet video transport standard at NAB Show
Mar 25, 2019 – The RIST Forum has been established, with 21 founding companies, to promote the Reliable Internet Stream Transport (RIST), an interoperable and royalty free standard for low-latency video transport over unmanaged networks for contribution and distribution applications.
News categories: RIST Forum, Jacob Kinsey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Thirty-nine more companies join the SRT Alliance
Mar 21, 2019 – The SRT Alliance has announced that 39 more companies have recently endorsed the SRT protocol for low latency video streaming, including broadcast industry giants Imagine Communications, Net Insight, Red Bee Media and Telestream.
News categories: SRT Alliance, David Heppe, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Kaltura and 32 others join SRT Alliance
Nov 28, 2017 – The SRT Alliance, an open-source initiative dedicated to overcoming the challenges of low-latency video streaming, announces that 33 new members have joined the initiative, including the leading video technology provider, Kaltura.
News categories: SRT Alliance, Yaron Reichert, Sylvio Jelovcich, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
SRT Alliance adds 22 new members
Jul 13, 2017 – The SRT Alliance, an open source initiative dedicated to overcoming the challenges of low latency video streaming, has announced that 22 new members have joined the initiative including Brightcove, Harmonic, Limelight and Perform Group.
News categories: SRT Alliance, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
Haivision and Wowza form SRT Alliance video streaming initiative
Apr 24, 2017 – Wowza Media and Haivision have announced the founding of the SRT Alliance and the open source availability of SRT, a video transport protocol to enable the delivery of secure, low-latency video across the public internet.
News categories: Wowza Media, Haivision, SRT Alliance, Charlie Good, Peter Maag, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Samsung and Amazon introduce HDR10+
Apr 20, 2017 – Samsung and Amazon Video have announced the introduction of HDR10+, an updated open standard that leverages dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors on an expanded range of televisions.
News categories: Samsung, Amazon Video, Kyoungwon Lim, Greg Hart, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
HaiVision and Zixi Transmit First Low-Latency HD (1080i) Over Public Internet
Feb 11, 2009 – HaiVision Systems and Zixi have announced the first successful broadcast of live HD video over the public Internet. The broadcasts were transmitted from the Columbia University Medical Center (CUMC) in New York City.
News categories: HaiVision, Zixi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020