Digital TV News: Harris Broadcast
Mobile DTV Consumer Showcase Launched in U.S. Capital
May 24, 2010 – Marking the launch of the Washington, D.C. Mobile Digital Television Consumer Showcase, lawmakers and regulators joined broadcasters and technology companies to see and hear the latest in Mobile DTV technology.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
Harris Helps Belo Corp. Launch Mobile Digital TV Broadcasting
Apr 21, 2010 – Harris (NYSE:HRS) has announced that Belo Corp. (NYSE: BLC) is launching mobile digital TV transmission in the U.S.A. using the Harris MPH™ platform for ATSC Mobile DTV broadcast.
News categories: Harris, Belo Corp, Roundbox, Content Distribution, Middleware, Mobile, USA
May 3 Launch for Mobile Digital TV Consumer Showcase in Washington, D.C.
Apr 12, 2010 – Viewers will be able to watch local digital TV broadcasts on a variety of mobile devices, including cell phones, netbooks, portable media players, and a unique adapter that can send Mobile DTV to laptops, iPhones, and iPads.
News categories: OMVC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Tablet, USA
Sezmi Completes Personal Television System Trial
Nov 13, 2008 – Sezmi has announced the conclusion of technical trials for its new television service, marking a significant milestone in the company's breakthrough efforts to dramatically improve the way consumers experience television and internet video.
News categories: Sezmi, Harris, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
Grupo Televisa Successfully Completes Mobile DTV Test in Mexico
Aug 28, 2008 – Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS) has announced that Grupo Televisa (Mexico:TLEVISACPO; NYSE:TV) recently successfully completed mobile digital television (DTV) broadcast field tests in Mexico.
News categories: Harris, Televisa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mexico, Mobile
WRAL to Broadcast Local Mobile Digital TV Signals
Jul 23, 2008 – Digital television pioneer WRAL and the CBC New Media Group are sponsoring North Carolina's first field test of mobile digital television (DTV) technology in the Raleigh-Durham television market.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Capitol Broadcasting Company, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Harris Corporation's New Mobile TV Platform Chosen by Albavision for Broadcast Operations in Guatemala and Costa Rica
Jun 30, 2008 – Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS) has signed an agreement with Albavision (Angel Gonzalez Group) to implement the recently introduced Harris full mobile digital TV transmission platform for broadcast operations in Guatemala and Costa Rica.
News categories: Harris, REPRETEL, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Guatemala, Mobile
Harris Corporation to Jumpstart Mobile TV Transition with First Transmission Solution for New ATSC Mobile Handheld Proposal
May 14, 2008 – Harris Corporation (NYSE: HRS) has announced that it will introduce the first full mobile digital TV transmission platform to meet the new Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) solution that was proposed today by LG Electronics and Samsung.
News categories: Harris, Content Distribution, Mobile, USA
EXPWAY Electronic Service Guide Technology Further Enhances Capabilities of LG Electronics-Harris MPH Mobile DTV System
Apr 13, 2008 – Harris (NYSE:HRS), LG (Seoul:066570) and Zenith, co-developers of MPH™ (Mobile-Pedestrian-Handheld) in-band mobile digital television (DTV), have implemented the Electronic Service Guide (ESG) platform from EXPWAY into the MPH system.
News categories: EXPWAY, LG Electronics, Harris Corporation, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, Mobile, NABShow, Portable, USA
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV