Digital TV News: HbbTV Consortium
DTVKit selects Voxtok HbbTV SDK
Sep 2, 2016 – Voxtok has announced that DTVKit, the independent non-profit shared-software organization specializing in TV receiver firmware components, is adopting its HbbTV SDK and joining the Voxtok Music ecosystem.
News categories: Voxtok, DTVKit, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
Voxtok releases open-source royalty-free HbbTV SDK
Apr 12, 2016 – Voxtok has launched voxtok.org, a portal dedicated to its open-source software, and has released its first private project: HbbTV SDK. Voxtok HbbTV SDK is the first up-to-date royalty-free HbbTV open-source implementation.
News categories: Voxtok, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Espial introduces new version of Espial TV Browser
Aug 14, 2013 – Espial has announced the latest version of its Espial TV Browser. The new version includes picture-in-application, support for live TV tuners embedded in HTML5 apps, intelligent remote control mapping, and support for video trick modes in any HTML5 app.
News categories: Espial, Middleware, OTT
Digital TV Labs launches first official HbbTV logo conformance service
Jul 8, 2013 – Digital TV Labs has announced a conformance testing service for the new HbbTV logo program for hybrid devices. As the first HbbTV Registered Test Centre, the company will deliver the official HbbTV test report required by manufacturers to license the logo.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Digital TV, HbbTV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Digisoft.tv adds HbbTV support to STB platform
Jan 28, 2013 – Digisoft.tv has announced the integration of HbbTV to its Iris platform for set-top boxes. The company will offer HbbTV as an open standard component of its DVB/Hybrid offering.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Open IPTV Forum commissions Digital TV Labs to provide OIPF test suite
Dec 5, 2012 – Digital TV Labs has announced that the OIPF - Open IPTV Forum - has commissioned the company to develop a test suite and associated test harness to enable the certification of OIPF-conformant IPTV, OTT and hybrid devices.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Open IPTV Forum, IPTV, QoE, Set Top Box
Digital TV Labs is first official HbbTV test centre
Nov 15, 2012 – Digital TV Labs has announced that it is the first HbbTV test centre officially registered by the HbbTV Consortium. The Consortium announced the release of the official HbbTV 1.1.1 Test Suite in August this year, key to HbbTV certification.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, HbbTV, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV
OIPF and HbbTV collaborate on testing of common technologies
Sep 7, 2012 – The Open IPTV Forum (OIPF) and the Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) Consortium have announced their collaboration on the testing of technologies common to IPTV and enhanced broadcast environments.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, HbbTV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Vestel and Opera bring web to TVs and set-top boxes
Sep 5, 2012 – Opera Software and Vestel have announced their partnership to deliver Opera's TV products on Vestel Smart TVs and set-top boxes. Vestel devices powered by Opera's ultimate web experience will ship globally later this year.
News categories: Opera Software, Vestel, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0