Digital TV News: HbbTV Consortium
Digital TV Labs announces support for HbbTV Test Suite
Aug 21, 2012 – Digital TV Labs has announced its full support for the official release of the HbbTV Test Suite via its advanced Ligada iSuite test harness. The company is also offering manufacturers a 30-day free trial of Ligada iSuite.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, HbbTV, QoE
HbbTV Specifications Updated
Aug 13, 2012 – HbbTV has issued an updated version of the HbbTV 1.5 specification and errata 2 for the HbbTV 1.0 specification.
News categories: HbbTV consortium, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
GlobalSat Selects ANT Galio Platform for HbbTV
Jul 26, 2012 – ANT (AIM: ANTP) has announced that GlobalSat, a Chinese manufacturer of satellite and terrestrial products has licensed its ANT Galio HbbTV Platform. GlobalSat has identified the HbbTV market as a target for its next generation of connected set-top boxes.
News categories: ANT plc, GlobalSat, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
HD Forum releases TNT2.0 specifications and conformance tests
Jul 25, 2012 – The HD Forum has announced the release of TNT 2.0 specifications, developed in in partnership with the HbbTV consortium, for use in the French market and coming into effect at the end of July 2012.
News categories: HD FORUM, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Version 1.5 of HbbTV Specification Released
Apr 4, 2012 – The HbbTV consortium has announced the publication of version 1.5 of its hybrid TV specification. Version 1.5 of the HbbTV specification notably introduces support for HTTP adaptive streaming based on the recently published MPEG-DASH specification.
News categories: HbbTV Consortium, Cable TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
HbbTV made easy with httv's HbbTV Starter Kit
Mar 15, 2012 – At this year's IP&TV World Forum, httv will release its 'HbbTV Starter Kit' testing solution for HbbTV applications. The new product supplements httv's wide HbbTV company offer. A complete platform of the standard will be showcased during the event.
News categories: httv, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
httv and Sigma Designs partner to deliver HbbTV solution at the IP&TV World Forum 2012
Mar 15, 2012 – httv has announced the implementation of its httvBOX middleware STB turnkey solution on Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) chipsets, to provide an advanced and cost effective solution for the hybrid market.
News categories: httv, Sigma Designs, HbbTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Skyviia selects ANT Galio HbbTV Platform
Feb 21, 2012 – ANT (AIM: ANTP) has announced that Skyviia has licensed the ANT Galio HbbTV Platform and core TV applications. Skyviia will integrate ANT's software into its new range of system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions for the European HbbTV market.
News categories: ANT plc, Skyviia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Semiconductor
smart electronic selects ANT for HbbTV
Dec 13, 2011 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that leading set-top box manufacturer smart electronic GmbH, has licensed its ANT Galio HbbTV Platform. The new range of hybrid STBs will deliver HbbTV services under the SMART brand to the German FTA market.
News categories: ANT plc, smart electronic GmbH, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Technicolor joins the HEVC Advance patent pool
- Verizon to give customers 12 months of Disney+
- Roku to acquire dataxu
- Wyplay and SmarDTV to offer off-the-shelf Android TV platforms
- Alticast partners with LowaSIS for ATSC 3.0 devices
- YuppTV joins forces with BSNL for triple play services
- Comscore to provide measurement for Premion's CTV/OTT ad platform
- egta and The Global TV Group define ad measurement standards
- Xandr adds Clypd to its portfolio of products and services
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph