Digital TV News: HbbTV Consortium
Digital TV Labs' Ligada test tool facilitates Opera HbbTV browser integration
Oct 11, 2011 – Digital TV Labs has announced that it is working closely with Opera, the globally renowned browser supplier, to provide CE manufacturers with a swift and easy integration of the company's new HbbTV-ready browser technology.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, Opera Software, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Digital TV Labs automates HbbTV consortium test suite with Ligada iSuite
Sep 9, 2011 – Digital TV Labs has further advanced the world of HbbTV conformance testing by announcing a reduction in test time via automating key functionality within its Ligada iSuite.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, HbbTV, IBC2020
HbbTV Achieves Fifty Members for IBC 2011
Sep 8, 2011 – The HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) consortium has announced that since opening for membership in May 2011 it has now reached fifty members. At IBC over thirty companies will demonstrate HbbTV implementations.
News categories: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, Europe, France, Germany, HbbTV, IBC2020, Spain
S&T demonstrates HbbTV receiver and carousel playout systems at IBC
Sep 7, 2011 – As HbbTV gathers momentum with a growing number of deployments across Europe, S&T has enhanced its interactive TV product range for both broadcasters and receiver manufacturers with HbbTV-conformant technologies and products.
News categories: Strategy & Technology, HbbTV, IBC2020, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Digital TV Labs announces HbbTV compliance test suite and services
May 3, 2011 – Digital TV Labs has announced at ANGA 2011 the launch of an HbbTV test suite, designed to provide core conformance and interoperability testing for manufacturers until a full HbbTV compliance regime is in place.
News categories: Digital TV Labs, ANGA COM, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Trident and Opera Bring an HbbTV-Compliant Browser Solution to the Set-Top Box Platform
Sep 10, 2010 – Trident Microsystems (NASDAQ:TRID) has announced that it has been working closely with Opera to deliver a Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV)-compliant browser solution on its PNX84xx-family of system-on-chip solutions.
News categories: Trident Microsystems, Opera Software, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
S&T adds HbbTV from ACCESS to RedKey™ 2
Aug 10, 2010 – S&T has signed a licensing agreement with ACCESS Systems to re-distribute ACCESS' NetFront™ Browser and associated HbbTV extensions. The agreement enables S&T to offer a complete HbbTV solution suitable for integration with any digital TV receiver.
News categories: S&T, ACCESS CO, HbbTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
HbbTV Specification Approved by ETSI
Jul 1, 2010 – The HbbTV (Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV) consortium has announced the approval of version 1.1.1 of the Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV specification by European standards agency ETSI.
News categories: Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding