Digital TV News: Hearst
Pearl TV using Triveni Digital for ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance
Apr 2, 2019 – Triveni Digital has announced that Pearl TV is using Triveni Digital's StreamScope XM Verifier. StreamScope XM Verifier gives Pearl TV stations a view of the ATSC 3.0 service, allowing them to verify a wide range of ATSC 3.0 quality-assurance metrics.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Pearl TV, Ralph Bachofen, Bob Chase, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, USA
ATSC 3.0 test suite launched by Eurofins
Mar 27, 2019 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it will be showcasing a new conformance test suite at NAB. Arreios for ATSC 3.0 enables the certification and testing of ATSC 3.0 features via a suite of automated test tools.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Johan Craeybeckx, Lynn Claudy, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
U.S. media companies and VIZIO form addressable advertising consortium
Mar 12, 2019 – U.S. media and technology companies, in collaboration with smart TV company VIZIO, have announced the formation of a consortium dedicated to the development and deployment of a new, open standard for addressable advertising on connected TVs.
News categories: VIZIO, Project OAR, William Wang, Mike Dean, Jesse Redniss, Dave Clark, Jodie McAfee, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Hearst Television and Nielsen reach agreement for ratings and insights
Dec 20, 2018 – Nielsen (NYSE: NLSN) and Hearst Television have announced a comprehensive renewal agreement for local and national television and radio ratings, behavioral insights and measurement services.
News categories: Nielsen, Hearst Television, Jeff Wender, Eric Meyrowitz, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Hearst Television launches private marketplace for Connected TV advertising
Sep 24, 2018 – Hearst Television has launched Hearst Anyscreen, an OTT advertising platform which combines preferred access to Hearst-owned programming, with delivery partners such as Roku. Hearst Anyscreen will enable brands to tap into the dramatic growth of Connected TV viewing.
News categories: Hearst Television, dataxu, Jordan Wertlieb, Jonathan Sumber, Mike Baker, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Lotame brings audience intelligence to television & video
Sep 25, 2017 – Lotame has announced the launch of its aiTV suite of products focused on bringing greater audience intelligence to television and video. These offerings will live under Lotame's newly formed aiTV division.
News categories: Lotame, Doug Pollack, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
AWS chosen by Hulu as its cloud provider
Aug 14, 2017 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) [NASDAQ: AMZN] has announced that Hulu has selected AWS as its cloud provider for the launch of its OTT live TV service. Hulu turned to AWS for a scalable, agile, and cost effective infrastructure.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Hulu, Mike Clayville, Rafael Soltanovich, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
iflix secures additional $133 million funding
Aug 7, 2017 – iflix has announced that it has completed a $133 million funding round. The round was led by Hearst and included new investors Singapore-based EDBI and clients of DBS private bank. Existing shareholders also increased their investments.
News categories: iflix, Hearst, Mark Britt, Neeraj Khemlani, Rick Hess, Patrick Grove, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Venture Capital
Pluto TV launches free Video On Demand offering
May 16, 2017 – Pluto TV has announced the launch of a free Video on Demand (VoD) offering. Like Pluto TV's lean-back TV channels, the VoD offering is powered by content partnerships with major networks, studios, and digital media brands.
News categories: Pluto TV, Tom Ryan, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV