Digital TV News: Heinrich Hertz Institute
WDR and Fraunhofer HHI show VVC/H.266 at IFA 2019
Sep 3, 2019 – WDR and the Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute HHI are collaborating to test the Video Coding possibilities offered by the next international standard VVC/H.266. The pair will show initial results at IFA 2019.
News categories: Fraunhofer, WDR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020
ZDF relies on Rohde & Schwarz and the Fraunhofer HHI for DVB-T2 transition
Jul 5, 2017 – ZDF, the largest public broadcaster in Germany, has selected the R&S AVHE100 encoding and multiplexing solution from Rohde & Schwarz with HEVC technology from the Fraunhofer HHI for its headend implementation.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Fraunhofer HHI, ZDF, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Terrestrial
SES, Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec show 360° VR over DVB-S2X at NABShow
Apr 25, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG), together with Fraunhofer HHI and Newtec, will demonstrate an immersive Virtual Reality (VR) experience via a live 360-degree Ultra HD VR satellite broadcast at NAB 2017 in Las Vegas.
News categories: SES S.A, Fraunhofer, Newtec, Thomas Wrede, Ralf Schäfer, Hans Massart, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, NABShow, Satellite, USA, VR
SES and Fraunhofer demonstrate VR via satellite at IBC 2016
Sep 5, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) together with Fraunhofer HHI will demonstrate an R&D project at IBC this year showcasing the transmission of a 10K x 2K panoramic video signal via satellite to multiple devices.
News categories: SES S.A, Fraunhofer, Thomas Wrede, Dr. Ralf Schäfer, Digital TV, Europe, IBCShowcase, Satellite, VR, Worldwide
Realtime H.265 HEVC video decoder IP coming from CAST
Jun 2, 2014 – CAST has demonstrated a high-performance, low-power, hardware H.265 video decoder core that handles next-generation video steams in real time without need for software computations running on a CPU.
News categories: CAST, Inc, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
ST and Fraunhofer HHI Demonstrate World's First Standard-Based 3D Adaptive Video-Streaming Software Receiver
Sep 28, 2011 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute (HHI) have unveiled the industry's first 3D video receiver based on the new MPEG-DASH standard for dynamic and adaptive HTTP streaming.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, HHI, Digital TV, EU, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, VR
MUSCADE explores 4-camera 3D for autostereoscopic displays
Jul 7, 2010 – 3D-pioneer KUK has built a 4-camera rig to allow shooting of multiview 3D content, suitable for rendering on autostereoscopic displays (3D-TVs without glasses). The work is in a research phase, but shows a path 3D-TV may take in the coming decade.
News categories: KUK Film, Heinrich Hertz Institute, MUSCADE, VR
New technical features of DVB-T2 successfully tested in Germany
Jun 30, 2010 – DVB-T2 has successfully been tested with new technical features. With Multi-PLP technology tested for the first time ever in Berlin, DVB-T2 offers a completely new and trendsetting option for an optimized use of digital terrestrial television.
News categories: DVB Project, MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet