Digital TV News: Hemisphere
Linius signs commercial deal with SportsHero
Jul 1, 2019 – Linius Technologies (ASX:LNU) has signed an agreement with SportsHero (ASX:SHO) under which SportsHero will use Linius technology in its SportsHero app and through its 'white label' solutions, including the 'Kita Garuda' football app.
News categories: Linius Technologies, SportsHero, Hemisphere, Chris Richardson, Tom Lapping, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, Indonesia
Linius unveils personalized TV with self-service video widget
May 3, 2019 – Linius Technologies (ASX: LNU) has launched a self-service embeddable widget in partnership with Hemisphere. The Widget Suite application enables any organization to empower viewers to search the data within its video content and assemble hyper-personalized videos on-the-fly.
News categories: Linius, Hemisphere, Chris Richardson, Glyn Beaumont, Big Data, Digital TV, UX, Worldwide
Linius partners with Hemisphere to build hyper-personalized advertising prototype
Feb 28, 2019 – Linius Technologies (ASX: LNU) has partnered with Hemisphere to build a Hyper-Personalized Advertising Prototype on its SaaS platform. The prototype enables advertisers to deliver and analyze any number of unique ads across any number of customized video streams.
News categories: Linius Technologies, Hemisphere, Chris Richardson, Glyn Beaumont, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Worldwide
ABS and Nepal Digital Cable to launch DTH on ABS-2
Dec 23, 2016 – ABS and Nepal Digital Cable (NDC) have signed a multi-transponder agreement to deliver DTH broadcast service to Nepal. The platform will broadcast over 170 TV channels of local and international content.
News categories: Asia Broadcast Satellite, Nepal Digital Cable, Tom Choi, Laxmi Prasad Paudyal, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nepal, Satellite
Arianespace to launch ARSAT-2 on September 30, 2015
Sep 24, 2015 – Arianespace has teamed up with two major countries in the southern hemisphere to enhance their satellite telecommunications services: with Australian operator nbn for the Sky Muster satellite, and with Argentine operator ARSAT for ARSAT-2.
News categories: Arianespace, ARSAT, INVAP, Argentina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Altech UEC implements $5 million manufacturing upgrade
Aug 20, 2013 – Altech UEC has further expanded its capabilities with a R50million [US$4.8 million] investment in state of the art equipment to meet the continuing demand for terrestrial set-top boxes, satellite decoders and smart TVs.
News categories: Altech UEC, Finance, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
NSR projects major DTH shift to the Southern Hemisphere
Jul 2, 2013 – NSR latest DTH report analyzes a rapidly changing industry that is diverging from one with growth centered around North America and Western Europe to one where growth will come from the developing parts of the world.
News categories: Northern Sky Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Networking technology used by over 50% of all global broadband homes
Jan 30, 2012 – According to Futuresource Consulting, of the 600 million global broadband homes at the end of 2011, 400 million deployed home networking technology. By 2015, expectations are for 650 million of the 700 million broadband homes to be interacting with networked devices.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Gateway, Market Research, Router, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation